Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • A Prophet (Un Prophét) – Anyone else seen it? I just have, and it was….
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

….as good as the reviews have been saying…that is to say excellent. Not sure about "instant classic" but I could certainly watch it again. So much going on. Gangsters/Racism/Drugs/Relationships – all in a day in a French prison I suppose.

Jamie
    Free Member

I watched it last weekend. Very impressed. Coming off the back of Mesrine, Parts 1 & 2, French cinema seems to be in quite rude health at the moment.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just read that the prison was a set! Impressive. Certainly agree with you about French cinema. Seems to have really come on leaps and bounds in the last decade. Shamefully, I haven't seen the Mesrines yet. Worth renting?

Jamie
    Free Member

Worth renting?

Oui.

grievoustim
    Free Member

Both a prophet and mesrines v good.

Both mesrines are avAilable to stream for free for lovefilm subsribers

surfer
    Free Member

I thought this was a Cannondale thread!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Want to watch that. Good to hear it's as good as the reviews have said.

And, for those looking for a superb French film, can I recommend;

Also has Vincent Cassel in it, as does the film in discussion here. He's in Mesrine as well. Oh, and he chewed up the scenery as the Duc d'Anjou in Elizabeth.

Edukator
    Free Member

Un prophète.

Jamie
    Free Member

Also has Vincent Cassel in it, as does the film in discussion here.

Vincent Cassel is not in Un prophète.

….anyways, whatever happened to Mathieu Kassovitz, the director of La Haine?

atlaz
    Free Member

He's done more stuff including a film with Halle Berry. However given his very public comments about 9/11 (he's one of those funny conspiracy theorists), he's probably not done a lot to endear himself to the Hollywood set.

La Haine was awesome and if that's the highpoint, it's a good one to have, even if it is a shame he didn't continue on that level.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘A Prophet (Un Prophét) – Anyone else seen it? I just have, and it was….’ is closed to new replies.