• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • A proper do it all bike… must be someone on here!
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Keep seeing this at the bike park of one of my clients and it always makes me smile. Where to begin… tri bars, lights, land cruiser tyres, suspension forks, guards, front pannier mounts, bracket for a tag along. Is there anything this bike can’t do 🙂

woody2000

Bet that’s done some serious distance – world tour?

mrblobby
    Free Member

If not then it really should do.

aP
    Free Member

I’m sure I saw that bike on Race the Divide.

jekkyl

tri bars on a commuter! nice one. 😀

SaxonRider

Careful, or you’ll be accused of being subtly judgemental.

But I think it’s nice. 😀

jekkyl

the rest of the bike says serious cyclist but ….. plastic noddy pedals?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Plastic pedals are Light ??

Some long distance cyclists use flat pedals..

beej

I think I used to lock my bike in the space next to the white one in the background.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Careful, or you’ll be accused of being subtly judgemental.

Me? I think it’s awesome. The more I see it the more I want to be the person who needs this bike!

I have actually met the chap who rides this bike. We had a brief chat about tyres.

I think I used to lock my bike in the space next to the white one in the background.

Beej, suspect you recognise a few in that photo. Did you ever see a flat barred Cotic Road Rat? That’s mine 🙂

jekkyl

those racks are ace, plenty of room for each bike. At my work we just have those stupid ones that your wheel goes in, from your school days in the 1980’s. Far too small and you have to have your bike rubbing up against someone elses, who may not take as much care as you while moving it out the way.

ampthill

I think they just fancied some one in the local bike shop so kept popping in for extra bits

beej

Beej, suspect you recognise a few in that photo. Did you ever see a flat barred Cotic Road Rat? That’s mine

No, I used the secret bike shed in car park 1… That had a Langster, a Kona Paddy Wagon (which I liked so much I bought one), Giant TCX, Tricross, a couple of restored 70s road bikes and whatever machine Nigel B brought in that day. Oh, and a slightly darker than lime green singlespeed with rigid on-one forks that’s ridden by another STW semi-regular.

I’m not a bike nerd. Oh no, definitely not.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just needs a dropper post and it could go into production.

sirromj

I’ve got full mudguards on my 26″ HT commuter. Found why heavy mud is a problem for full mudguards and suspension forks – the mud gradually builds up around the stanchions (about 320 degress worth!) and if there’s any grit in it – good bye stanchion coating.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is there anything this bike can’t do

Not be utterly shite?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not enough spoon?

theboyneeds
    Free Member

I bought a cheap 2nd hand Felt Nine 30.

So far it’s been bikepacking ove the SDW and the IoW. It has rack mounts so its done a stint commuting with some road tyres It got me fifth in category at Torq in Your Sleep. It flips from being rigid courtesy of a carbon fork, to various singlespeed incarnations with a Gusset tensioner.

It’s acted as my winter rattler all around Peaslake and the Surrey Hills, ploughing through puddles I’d shy away from on the full-sus…

It isn’t fashionable or beautiful but it just keeps on surprising me.

The brakes are sh*te though.

benp1

Needs a motor though…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘A proper do it all bike… must be someone on here!’ is closed to new replies.