Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • A power tool I have no conceivable use for but still want anyway
  • wwaswas

it should have ‘Do mind your fingers’ written on it in big letters, though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Whats that for ?

Im just waiting for my hitachi gas powered brad nailer to arrive. So i can get the skirtings and architrave done in the hall. Much neater than the hammer , gave in after using my dads paslode for the living room and redoing the bedroom with it soon after.

piemonster

Fap fap fap fap

meehaja
    Free Member

there has been a petrol powered stone cutter (possibly stihl) in the local pawn shop for ages. I really wanted it, but had no reason or purpose, its gone now, and I like to think some lonely guy is sat at home in his one bedroom flat, cutting deep gouges into the walls for giggles.

wwaswas

Apparently it is;

A totally new type of saw for Festool, cutting all standard materials used in timber construction up to 200mm, from wood to hard insulation materials. A great saw for timber framing, renovation, roofing and insulating. Lighter in weight and with a large depth of cut, it can go where a circular saw is unable to go. The special chainsaw blade gives an accurate precise cut especially when used with the Festool guide rail system. Optional chains are available. The chain makes a drawing cut for rapid jolt-free operation and is speed adjustable. Efficient electronics give constant power when sawing for a consistent cut. Perfect for deep mitre and compound angles, it has a swivelling range of 0-60° with cut depths of 200mm@90°, 140mm@45° and 100mm@60°. The sword approach can be tilted up to 10° allowing for an even faster drawing cut. The chain is changed using the FastFix quick change system, a wheel then tensions the blade and there is also adjustment on the chain lubrication feed. Fitted with extraction outlet and fixed 7.5m power lead.

fasthaggis

I just bought a Dremel.
    I have access to tools and machines that do all the things that a Dremel can do and much ,much more .
    I just thought ,it might come in handy 😳

VanHalen

you need to get up to wild park with that and build a ladder drop over the fallen tree after the jumps near the bottom.

i can lend a hand if you like…

cheers.

scaredypants

Aldi, Sunday:

maxtorque

^^^, yeah, cause that’s how clean your garage/workshop will be when you are wood turning……… er, not! 😉

fasthaggis

Max

Duh ,that’s why you need a separate wood working shed 😀

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdcS0R2Z-u0[/video]

Needs more SawStop

Details – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJUB3jWAruM

brakes
    Free Member

I have an angle grinder – it sat unused for months until I decided to use it to cut a whole in some plasterboard that was in situ. Big mistake – layer of gypsum dust in entire room, despite only using it for about 10 seconds.
    Then… I lost a padlock key so used it to produce lots of sparks cut through it. Like a knife through butter.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I got that email this morning too and thought exactly the same! I’ll make do with my TS55 for the time being

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Reg Prescott would love that.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I have an angle grinder – it sat unused for months until I decided to use it to cut a whole in some plasterboard that was in situ. Big mistake – layer of gypsum dust in entire room, despite only using it for about 10 seconds.
    Then… I lost a padlock key so used it to produce lots of sparks cut through it. Like a knife through butter.

Cutting metal with an angle grinder is the essence of manliness. You get a big shower of sparks and everything 😀

bigblackshed

That Festool saw is proper gnarrr.

Dremel? Yes. Angle grinder? Damn yeah. Chainsaw disc for angle grinder? Yep, got one. Used it once. Spinning whirlybird-gig of death? Frightened me senseless, so I put it away before I lost some body parts.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Amateurs. Using oxyacetylene cutting gear is the essence of manliness.

brakes
    Free Member

using det cord is the definition of manliness.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Why stop there? A homemade nuclear reactor perhaps, or plastic explosives?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’ve just picked one of these up… Frapped it up in the office to see if it would push me round on an office chair…

It sent papers everywhere and stripped a load of paint off the wall… Can’t fault the power. Grrrrrrr

wwaswas

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO-CBLbNwQA[/video]

thepurist

A mate of my brother has an excellent motto for life : “If a job’s worth doing, it’s worth buying a power tool.”

bigblackshed

thepurist – Member
    A mate of my brother has an excellent motto for life : “If a job’s worth doing, it’s worth buying a power tool.

iLike.

loddrik
    Free Member

Patrick Bateman could have done fun with the first one.

bencooper
    Free Member

Amateurs. Using oxyacetylene cutting gear is the essence of manliness.

I use oxyacetylene all the time 😉

Big petrol metal cutting saws scare the hell out of me – all that inertia in a massive spinning blade of death…

takisawa2

I picked up one of these off of here a few weeks ago.
    It’s ace. Had to chobble out a door for a new lock & it was a doddle. Even did the hinge recesses.

Circular saws scare me witless.
    I remember watching a chap pick his fingers up after a misshap cutting some bakelite on a big circular saw many years ago…
    That saw up there is the stuff of nightmares. 😀

footflaps

I quite fancy one of these:

garage-dweller

Let’s be clear here manliness is using a pick axe or sledge hammer. Work harder people.

tymbian
    Free Member

I have to admit I’ve been looking on eBay for one of those..Protool make one also as do other companies I’m sure. I won’t pay the new price for the protool one and i can imagine the Festool one isn’t cheap..I often cut sleepers and recently had 9″ x 9″ posts which I had to cut with a 9″ circular saw from 2 sides which doesn’t always leave a nice clean cut…I need one of These..viewer discretion advised..not for the faint hearted.. ( no gore )

Takisawa look away now!

tuffty
    Free Member

Once hired a floor sander, looked like a vacuum cleaner on steroids, scared the crap out of me!

footflaps

I need one of These..viewer discretion advised..not for the faint hearted.. ( no gore )

Impressive. I wouldn’t fancy using something that heavy myself, prefer large circular saws to be table mounted….

bencooper
    Free Member

I just bought a billhook – how many manliness points is this worth?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

takisawa2

Is that circular saw big or is the woman just very small / far away…?

alpin
    Free Member

I get the impression that most of you are office dwellers….

things that make lots of noise, dust, sparks, vibrations aren’t that exciting in reality….

maccruiskeen

Why stop there? A homemade nuclear reactor perhaps,

the only thing better than the story of David Hahn…. is a picture of David Hahn

takisawa2

Woe. Old Jason Donovan’s let himself go a bit.

footflaps

Woe. Old Jason Donovan’s let himself go a bit.

Shaving accident apparently….

trail_rat
    Free Member

Mmm footflaps , do it.

Not an office dweller here when i can help it . How ever the things i get to play with at work wouldnt fit in my garage 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

I get the impression that most of you are office dwellers….

This is STW, the online home of IT support workers across the UK.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘A power tool I have no conceivable use for but still want anyway’ is closed to new replies.