Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • A postman's job.
  • PlopNofear
    Free Member

😆
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-XvJYd8v3k[/video]

peterfile
    Free Member

ahahaha class!

so true 🙂

highclimber
    Free Member

Brill

Home Delivery Network AKA Yodel are worse than RM! they will claim you weren’t in even if you’re waiting at the door for them!

SidKillerest
    Free Member

🙄

carlosg
    Free Member

What a load of crap,some postmen are rubbish others aren’t like people at any job.
    I always try to make sure my customers get their stuff leaving parcels with neighbours or even friends who live at different parts of my round. I’ve been a postman for 15 years and you don’t have the time to hang around waiting for people to go out. Walks have increased in size to the point where it’s a struggle to get through them in the alloted time and woe betide you if you dare to claim overtime. Due to changes in the way we are now paid I am now down about £150 a month.
    if you buy something via mail order/online and have to go out leave a note or get it delivered to your workplace.

highclimber
    Free Member

if you buy something via mail order/online and have to go out leave a note or get it delivered to your workplace.

some companies won’t deliver to places of work. if it needs a signture and i’m not in my nearest neighbour is half a mile away. Leaving a note doesn’t change the fact that I’m out and my inconsiderate internet shopping has now inconvenienced you!

carlosg
    Free Member

Leaving a note doesn’t change the fact that I’m out and my inconsiderate internet shopping has now inconvenienced you!

Hasn’t inconvenienced me at all ,I’m not the one making the journey to the delivery office to collect a parcel . I’ll just leave the parcel in a bag box for the driver to collect the next day 8)

trail_rat
    Free Member

My posties ace

Always speak to him when i see him and he asked if there was anywhere he could leave packages when im not in … Pointed him to a nice dry out of sight place and thats where he leaves my stuff.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

carlosg – Member

What a load of crap,some postmen are rubbish others aren’t like people at any job.
    I always try to make sure my customers get their stuff leaving parcels with neighbours or even friends who live at different parts of my round. I’ve been a postman for 15 years and you don’t have the time to hang around waiting for people to go out. Walks have increased in size to the point where it’s a struggle to get through them in the alloted time and woe betide you if you dare to claim overtime. Due to changes in the way we are now paid I am now down about £150 a month.

The ying:
    I remember the morning when I was drinking coffee prior to going to work, I hear the letter box go, think “thats early for the post”. Go and check it and it’s a “you were not in, go and get your parcel from the local depot which has no customer carparking spaces” card

I suppose it’s one way of managing the backlog and p***ing your customers off

the yang
    we used to have a great postie until they swapped the shifts around and now we have an “OK” service. Still say hello to our former postie when I see him.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

My postman is great. Leaves stuff in safe place, is friendly and took it upon himself to redeliver our mail when we moved house (in the same village).

He got a nice tip from me last year and will get the same again this year!

tinribz
    Free Member

Ours seem to rotate but they are all cheery, some leave stuff in the Wendy house with a little note, some even just pop the door open and leave it on the mat to save waking up the Mrs.

Or that’s what she tells me!

CountZero

if you buy something via mail order/online and have to go out leave a note or get it delivered to your workplace

That’s all fine and dandy, but I get very pissed off when I find one of those cards when I get home, go all the way back to the sorting office, which is all of 100yds from my work, only to find the parcel that couldn’t be delivered is a CD in a Jiffy bag that would have fitted very easily through my letterbox. That’s happened two or three times, and on each occasion, not only would the ‘parcel’ have fitted through a regular, standard-sized letterbox, but there were people in the house when the note was delivered!
    That, quite frankly, is taking the piss.

GrahamS

Home Delivery Network AKA Yodel are worse than RM!

CityLink too. Last parcel I got from them, they apparently “tried to deliver” it twice to my office, which has a manned reception from 8-6. When it finally arrived it looked like they had kicked it all the way there.

highclimber
    Free Member

When it finally arrived it looked like they had kicked it all the way there.

A la Ace Ventura?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6_9A90cUk[/video]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘A postman's job.’ is closed to new replies.