Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • A picture of my new bicycle with no gears and big wheels.
  • coogan
    Free Member

You need a bike with silly big wheels and one gear for a sense of achievement after a ride? Or is this what you need to tell yourself with a bike with big silly wheels and one gear.

MrTall
    Free Member

That's nice Ryan (apart from the brace on the top/seat tube). When are you next joining us at the Wyre to give it a blast?

saleem
    Free Member

I like it, how much was it to build in the end with shipping, the new wheels and everything else to boot??

TheSwede
    Free Member

Ah well, new wheels not ordered yet and already had every thing else on the old ss so just the frame to pay for which was about £600 after shipping. They are £850 from the uk dealer plus £100 to have it in white but thats the new slidey drop out version which I didnt want. Bear in mind I dont have any warrenty on it though. Will be over for a potter soon steve. Maybe this weekend if any ones about.

sofaking
    Free Member

only a gay cowboy would ride a bike like that.

😆

DezB
    Free Member

What forks are they? 2011 model?
    Are there no trees where you ride, those bars are e. nor. mous.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Cheers matt. 2011 forks! I wish. They are frankenforks. 26er Float 120 uppers on f29 lowers with world cup decals. Called mojo for the 2011 decals as they are mostly black, they laughed and said they havent even got the forks yet let alone the replacement stickers. Bars are 750 wide. Great stabbility for walking up hills. Yeah we have trees but luckilky they are'nt spaced at 600mm like what they is at canuk.

ajr
    Free Member

I thought I would just add that I actually quoted you £599.00 for that frame, that would of course have had a full warranty. The EBB frames were cleared out to mke way for the sliding dropout frame. Mountain Bike Action has a test of the new El Comandante with belt drive in the latest edition.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Alan ? You quoted me that for a frame that you or ventana usa no longer stock or make hence the import plus I wanted it in white which obviously has the up charge. That was the price for the last few ebb frames left in the usa was it not, of which there were none.

ajr
    Free Member

I did know it was a used frame, I thought you had found one in a shop in the US.

TheSwede
    Free Member

It was sold on ebay by mad cat cycles who originaly supplied it, on behalf of the owner who had built it up and ridden it once. There wasnt a mark on it and after last nights first ride, I'm really chuffed.

Matbike
    Free Member

very nice. i dont like the white color for the bike, just white… i prefer whitte with another color… but it is nice.

ajr
    Free Member

You got a great frame at a good price in the right colour, how goods that. Its good to see another Ventana 29er in the UK.

TheSwede
    Free Member

ajr
    You got a great frame at a good price in the right colour, how goods that. Its good to see another Ventana 29er in the UK.

Cheers Al, old buddy old pal. Just hope it stay's in one piece so I don't have to order a new one from you. I don't think I've met a more cycle passionate dealer since I spoke to Tim at sideways 😉

higgo
    Free Member

Has it got the white wheels on it yet?

votchy
    Free Member

Do you know someone who knows someone that knows someone that knows sheldon? 😉

higgo
    Free Member

Do you know someone who knows someone that knows someone that knows sheldon?

It's possible, I suppose.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘A picture of my new bicycle with no gears and big wheels.’ is closed to new replies.