Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • A night out in Edinburgh next week
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

been a wee while since i lived in Edinburgh but am working up there next monday and we've decided to have our christmas night out on monday night

where's good nowadays?

still down the grassmarket for beers then down cowgate for some seedy club action?

I'm guessing the infamous Jaffa Cake has gone now?

Two of us just want to drink beer and be merry but our third member is a young lady and may require some more salubrious establishments (boo)

should we just take her to the pubic triangle? 🙂

mangoridebike

west end scrubway 🙂

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Grassmarket every time for me. Keep away from George Street IMHO as its full of tossers drinking £5.00 pints of Peroni.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

ah the scrubway, many a fond memory.

what was the place in the old meat market near fountainbridge called? we never plucked up the courage to go in but it looked like it lived up to it's previous use

organic355
    Free Member

Western Bar

Kit
    Free Member

what was the place in the old meat market near fountainbridge called?

Fat Sams, and various night clubs next to it which changed every year. Now demolished!

Personally, wouldn't go near Grassmarket as its full of hen parties/stag dos/****. George Street isn't much better, but at least the prices keep the scum out. Thinking about it, Edinburgh is crap for nights out, unless you find a nice pub and stay there… And the nice ones I know aren't city centre, so probably no good for you!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Western Bar rocks, stickiest floors in Edinburgh :FACT:

We went there on a stag do once and the girl who was, ahem, providing the entertainment came into Crazy Georges (where i worked, think pikier Radio Rentals for those not familiar with it) to rent a TV with her benefit book etc 😆

Don't think hen/stag dos will be a problem on a Monday night a week before Christmas

robgarrioch

Quite like the Malt Shovel (Cockburn / Co-burn St. – usually a few nice beers), & some of the less obvious bars on Royal Mile, Worlds End etc. Not exactly party-central, but as Kit rightly says

find a nice pub and stay there

Some ok places on the east side of Bristo Sq. – Blind Poet etc.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Rat race, or down below/one under or whatever its called…

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Cafe Royal. Favourite of mine.

Milne's Bar on Hanover/Rose Street

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Shore Bar in Leith?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There are better bars than the shore bar in Leith surely? No shortage of choice mind you

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

we went to the western bar for one drink and an look at the 'ahem' products on show.

it hasn't got any better 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘A night out in Edinburgh next week’ is closed to new replies.