Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • a nice surprise ! – unclaimed cash money :D
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

recieved a rather sparsely adorned envelope last night with just my name and the village name on it …….

opened it up to find a letter from the local police !

turns out the 60 quid i found and handed in at tescos in december has gone unclaimed and so has become mine.

when i told my workmates about it today at lunch i got puzzled looks saying – no one hands in money these days apparently ! – i was shocked.

where do you draw the line……

speaker2animals

Probably less than £11 I wouldn’t bother. Any more and I’m afraid that I am a bit of a Dudley do gooder.

poppa
    Free Member

You bastard, I lost £10.99 last year and no-one handed it in.

hora
    Free Member

Top bloke. I once found a digital Canon camera in a cloth bag on Hampstead heath one summer (looks like someone was sunbathing not bumming) and forgot to take. I handed it in and I expected the Rozzers to keep it but I too got a call a couple of motnhs later 😀

Lifer
    Free Member

Chased a guy out of a train station once after he left £80 in the cash machine. A couple of days later someone ran after me after I dropped a tenner. Some people are still nice!

Militant_biker

I handed in a nice digi camera and was told it was claimed a few days later.

There’s no justice in the world 🙁

epicyclo

Do unto others etc…. 🙂

pixelmix
    Free Member

Chased a guy out of a train station once after he left £80 in the cash machine. A couple of days later someone ran after me after I dropped a tenner. Some people are still nice!

I on the other hand got ripped off by a cash machine for £20 the other day. It’s been over a week and I’m still waiting for my bank to sort it out.

If you had left that £80 in the cash machine, it would have gone back into his account anyway. What if you chased after him, but lost him? You’ve then just denied him his £80. 😯

gravitysucks
    Free Member

If you had left that £80 in the cash machine, it would have gone back into his account anyway

Really? So the cash machine sucks the money back in?

Raindog
    Free Member

Yes, unless somebody grabs it the cashpoint takes it back. They add it all up, and it pays for the bank’s Christmas party*.

* this bit might not be true

pixelmix
    Free Member

Really? So the cash machine sucks the money back in?

Yup. I was always a bit dubious, but when the cash machine I used got confused the other day, this is obviously what it was checking for, and the bank confirmed this when I phoned them.

Yes, unless somebody grabs

I’m sure this happens pretty often. I guess if I saw some money left and couldn’t see the original person using the machine, the fairest thing to do would be to stand around to let the cash go back in without getting nicked, and when the original person realises the error, they just need to hassle their bank to ensure it gets sorted.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

i remember being a poor student in edinburgh and getting a tenner out of a machine…it gave me 20,so i withdrew £150 and it gave me £300….this went on until id got £200…..i then popped into the bank in the morning and put in the extra cash into my account….they never contacted me..that 200 quid went quite a way!

Lifer
    Free Member

If you had left that £80 in the cash machine, it would have gone back into his account anyway. What if you chased after him, but lost him? You’ve then just denied him his £80

Didn’t know and didn’t lose him.

😉

Northwind

gravitysucks – Member

“Really? So the cash machine sucks the money back in?”

Yup. Usually anyway, some of the wee machines can’t do it, like the ones you get in corner shops and the like. But proper hole in the walls almost all can.

What happens next varies but one way or another you should get your money back if it happens- sometimes it’s automatic, sometimes you need to claim, depends on circumstances.

ATMs are cool, you open them up and it’s like someone went mad with a meccano set :mrgreen: About 10 million little multicoloured plastic cogs all whirring around.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘a nice surprise ! – unclaimed cash money :D’ is closed to new replies.