Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 137 total)
  • A nice story.
  • allthepies
    Free Member

TJ == armchair mountaineer

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yup Geoff – that why I don’t like the way they take inexperienced people up there putting not just themselves but other folks lives at risk.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, you need to flounce again. Oh, nd come to terms with the fact that you are not always right.

donsimon
    Free Member

Waiting to be told why I should read the book, speak to me TJ.

Hohum
    Free Member

My question is did his school authorise all of the time he must have taken off to do this and will his parents get fined for taking him out of school during term time? Tut, tut…

supersessions9-2
    Free Member
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

don simon in easily impressed and not happy with the faintest whiff of criticism shocka!

donsimon
    Free Member

Still waiting for the superior knowledge of TJ.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its just an opinion. Thats all it is same as its just your opinion that its an amazing achievements. However opinions that you disagree with yo don’t like do you.

Sit in your chair and think wow amazing cos some kid paid people many thousands of pounds to be taken up these mountains. Putting other people at risk as well as himself

all the pies – a little more than an armchair mountaineer tho no Jock Nimlin or Dougal Haston. Whats your experience?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

don simon – Member

Waiting to be told why I should read the book, speak to me TJ.

because then you might understand why I have distaste for the commercial trips that take inexperienced people up Everest.

donsimon
    Free Member

But you haven’t explained how that helped him up the othe six peaks and takes anything away from the overall achievemnt 🙄
    And you haven’t explained what that’ll give me over the first hand stories I can get from my stepfather…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You self-righteous prig. If there’s one person on here unable to accept another opinion, I think you may know who it is.

Bored now.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Still waiting for the superior knowledge of TJ.

Is he not allowed to disagree with you then? come on Teej, show your working 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

all the pies – a little more than an armchair mountaineer tho no Jock Nimlin or Dougal Haston. EWahts your espereince?

A poxy 4000m and that essentially a walk. Given that people were suffering altitude sickness at that level and struggling for breath makes me admire those who can still function at over twice that altitude.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I suppose, we don’t know that he or his Mama and Papa paid guides thousands of pounds to help him up the mountains. It’s just our inverse snobbery blinding us to the marvellous feat. Did he do it all solo then don? Hmmm?

Why is that you instantly accuse someone who’s not impressed of jealousy? Hmmm?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Rich – of course not. Disagreeing with Don and CFH is not allowed.

I wonder what all the pies mountain experience is?

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

TJ – a lot of people have jobs that put themselves at risk. Getting paid to take people up mountains is probably one of the better ones.

I’ve not read into thin air, but I believe it’s about the 1996 everest tragedy? I think a lot of lessons were learned for commercial operations that day.

I don’t think it’s necessary to be sanctimonious about commercial climbing operations. And the first 6 peaks will have conditioned him quite well, he’s hardly inexperienced. Aconcagua and Denali are good practice summits for everest. Not that I would know anything as I’m also an armchair mountaineer. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bored now.

Shag off then. You won’t be missed.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Bored now.

Good 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Rich – of course not. Disagreeing with Don and CFH is not allowed.

And Google and commercial books are, of course, more important than real people.
    TJ, look at the arguments I come head to head with you, they are not random, it is not a persecution. They are areas I have knowledge of, I don’t feel or have the need to prove anything, to you or to anyone. It is not point scoring, it is not a battle. Get ove it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

supersessions – yes it is about 1996.

TandemJeremy – Member

It no huge achievement to get up there if you have paid enough. basically you will be hauled up on the end of a rope. How much did all that cost? I be a lot more impressed by doing solo unsupported stuff.

Read into thin air

thats all I said to get me flammed.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Numerous twunts, prigs, and sanctimonious types abound.

Hohum
    Free Member

Spamf
    Free Member

I’m kind of with TJ on this.
    My question is why? Is there anything aesthetic about the 7 summits? More of a tick list than anything. Why should we be astounded by someone of that age completing this list? I know a couple of kids at school capable of the feat given the oportunity.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don – so what have you climbed then?

donsimon
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

supersessions – yes it is about 1996.

TandemJeremy – Member

It no huge achievement to get up there if you have paid enough. basically you will be hauled up on the end of a rope. How much did all that cost? I be a lot more impressed by doing solo unsupported stuff.

Read into thin air

thats all I said to get me flammed.
    A famous TJ apology?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So what have you climbed then don simon?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, my former housemate’s girlfriend’s father went up there on an expedition with that eejit Brian Blessed. But for a wee breeze on summit day, they’d have made it up. This was around the mid nineties. He said there were just a load of rich fat muppets up there any of whom could have made it up given the right conditions. Most of them had to have their tents pitched for them FFS.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

don’s in projectionist mode ce soir.

donsimon
    Free Member

What has that got to do with me appreciating the abilities of others?
    You came on slating the boy’s achievements claiming to know better and then back tracked with an all innocent comment.
    I know people who’ve climed and died, I know the stories that have been told and the stories that haven’t been told, they are the important ones. As with most areas, empty vessels make most noise. And you are an empty vessel.

scaredypants

I don’t think it’s the privileged nature of his circumstances that matters here – kid has still “climbed” several big mountains

most UK skiers, sailors, rowers, tennis players etc etc etc are there in part due to their domestic “wealth”

I’m more impressed with the sherpa who completed his 21st ascent this year (leading an expedition that was intended to bring down all the shite that other groups leave behind) but I’m not calling for the guillotine for the UK kid just yet

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don –
    I did not slate the boys acheivements nor have I backtracked. Try reading what I posted Nor did I claim to know better. slag me for what I have said by all means but don’t make things up. It just makes you look even more foolish

don simon – Member

……. They are areas I have knowledge of,

good – please tell me what yo have climbed? or are you an armchair expert.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can we just get back to slagging off the young lad? The TJ v don thing is upsetting and they won’t let me join in.

donsimon
    Free Member

You’re ignoring me, remember?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don – what have you climbed that allows you to have knowledge of this?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You’re ignoring me, remember?

I am? 😕

donsimon
    Free Member

OK, if not ignoring being a ****. 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don – so despite your protestations and claiming

don simon – Member

……. They are areas I have knowledge of,

You actually have no knowledge of mountaineering.

What was that you said about empty vessels?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

@ don 😳

Y’see, if you’re (ie me) going to start a wind up on a Debbie Harry thread, it’s best not to forget you started it in the first place and not come back. Apologies old chap 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Read what I have written, you haven’t climbed Everest yet you want to cite books on the experience without knowing the author. I was brought up in an environment of ice and mountain climbing, unlike most empty vessels I don’t feel the need to prove myself on a public forum and I won’t, but I could.
    I could tell you about my experiences in the world of professional cycling, but I won’t.
    I could tell you about certain stocks and shares to buy, but I won’t.
    A few years ago I could have told you about certain Spanish Govt policies, but I won’t.
    I don’t have anything to demonstrate to a pseudo jock.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘A nice story.’ is closed to new replies.