Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • A nice bottle of single malt, some pants, a water bottle and a t-shirt
  • Tiger6791

Scrambled eggs and cup of tea in bed on order.

Not a bad Fathers day really

(apart from the t-shirt which is going back, got loads of t-shirts)

bruk

Woken at 3.30 because it’s first night trying a duvet and it had fallen off. Still up at 7. Distracted by Shaun the sheep on the iPad. (how did we live without it).

Nice bottle of red and a bear hug cuddle more than make up for it.

Rivett
    Free Member

Breakfast in bed and a nice Howies t-shirt.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Single malt tasting kit, a book about workplace shits, some personalised socks…….my 4 month old is amazing at online shopping!

Happy fathers day to all the Dad’s, Happy Sunday to all – good excuse to go for a ride whatever 🙂

seadog101

Sadly, I’m away at work, But I’ve just unwrapped the package I was sent off with:

A box set of the 4 Alien movies!
    A bag of Diam bar sweets!
    And a Mr Benn themed pair of socks!
    “As if by magic, the shop keeper appears”

Perfect.

clubber
    Free Member

it’s my son’s birthday today so I let him take the glory 🙂

I did get a really cool pair of shoes though!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Up early with one of the kids after my wife was kept awake in the night by the other child. No breakfast in bed but did get homemade cards.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Aftershave breakfast in bed, but unable to take part in Etape Eyri because Mrs FH and eldest are going to theater to watch Steve Bacshall so wouldn’t be back in time to mind youngest lad, a bit of bike fettling instead then and coffee & cake out with my youngest.

higgo
    Free Member

Nothing.

Woke her up with a coffee at about 9 and wished her a cheery “Happy Father’s Day” and got “Oh, is it?”

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cup of tea, bacon sandwich and The Macallan to wake up to!

Happy Father’s Day one and all.

Off to see my old man later.

Drac

Kids are at Grannies so not got a present or card from them yet, we went out for a meal last night and a few drinks after. Nice long lie in as no kids here with some happy fun time too as no kids here.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Set of “cool dad” merchandise which will be used in secret and out of sight
    Campervan cookbook which will go in the campervan and be used.
    Made everyone sausage sandwiches for breakfast.
    Now taking Mrs Cat for her second ride since back surgery – Monsal Trail, the whole job starting with Coffee at Hassop Station, tea and buns at Buxton then back for more Coffee at Hassop.
    Allowed to go play on the hills later.

May take the boys as I finally repaired the squashed bike from Glentrool.

shooterman

Breakfast in bed, a pint glass saying world’s best dad and a toblerone. Being taken out to lunch later. Happy.

Sandwich

Espresso cup from my daughter. Latest Top Gear, box of Heroes and a Calvors premium lager from my son. Working later so beer will not survive the evening.

Kiril
    Free Member

Single malt, tdf guide, love hearts, cycling book, about to go out for a quick ride. Nice

neninja
    Free Member

A Foo Fighters CD, some Double Deckers (I have a weakness for them), a large Aero (I suspect suggested by my wife so she can share 😉 ), a couple of shower gels and a selection of bottled ales.

Followed by 2 bacon & egg rolls. Lunchtime at the village pub with wife and kids, my Mum and Dad, Aunt and 94 yr old Grandad so 4 generations together which given my Aunt and Grandad live 200 miles away doesn’t happen as often as it should.

Then went and watched the Olympic torch come through a couple of miles away. I was surprised at the really great atmosphere. The torch and the Jubilee seems to have brought out a sense of belonging and community again.

Just been for a ride with 8 year old and going for a ride with mates at 7pm followed by a couple of beers.

crikey
    Free Member

Got to drive to a northern University, carry 15 bags downstairs, drive home, carry 15 bags upstairs.

Win.

mrlugz
    Free Member

Hand made cards, pair of 5:10’s, some Durham brewery ale, a massive toblerone and a ride out at Glentress.

Pooped now, so best crack one open while the Mrs makes tea 😈

Happy fathers day to all the fathers

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

A nice bottle of single malt, some pants, a water bottle and a t-shirt

Shoot! A fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

scaredypants

box of beers, some choc and 2 nice cards

went & mowed my dad’s lawn (then mine)

dinner for our 2 dads at our house

village fete

not bad, all in

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

*feels bad about giving dad a call and moning about my money issues*

ton

selection of beer (hobgoblin and stuff) 2 dvd’s and i made a cooked breakfast for everyone, then i cooked primal ghoulash for everyone too.
    so much for a feet up day……. 😆

boxfish
    Free Member

A whoopee cushion from my almost-3-year-old daughter, then a family bike ride, followed by lunch in the sun (roast pork roll, mmmm). Late afternoon spent cleaning/fettling bikes in the sunny back garden. All in all, a successful day.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

T shirt with “Grouch Potato” on 😀

Scamper
    Free Member

My first Father’s Day. Got a lovely framed photo of my 9 month old sat on a beach, and he had managed to scrawl in the sand a heart shape around him and “i love daddy”. Later we went to cannock chase with the bike and trailer, did the sick green trail, evaded all the orange 5’s and took refuge from the rain and had some sarnies.

matt_outandabout

I got some shiny new Endura Humvee’s 😀

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Got my dad some Maynard’s wine gums, liquorice allsorts and a walnut whip. He considers these the holy trinity of dad sweets.

LenHankie

Sod all.

matt_outandabout

Got my dad some Maynard’s wine gums, liquorice allsorts and a walnut whip. He considers these the holy trinity of dad sweets.

Are we brothers?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member

Are we brothers?

If we are you forgot again, but it’s okay I signed the card from us both!

😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I got….a card from my youngest, who’s currently on jollies in Egypt but I know is bringin a nice bottle of duty free back. A card from my stepson, who I know is skint, & bog all from my eldest who has a decent job with TFL but is very ‘forgetful’.
    Normal fathers day for me. 🙄

rOcKeTdOg

Not.even.a.card. 🙁

TiRed

Rode around Swinley with the kids. And a man’s weekend travel bag from Barbour (retrospectively).

Markie
    Free Member

Two cards, a bar of chocolate, a huge breakfast and then a day spent at Women’s Henley bobbling around after Ms Markie Jr.

When did rowers all become young, I’m sure some of them used to be older than me :/

matt_outandabout

A mates son sent this:

😆 😆 😆

Ambrose

A selection of local ales, some Toblerones and a boy’s spin around Cwmrhaeadr near Cilycwm. Then Boys 1 and 2 emptied the car and cleaned the bikes. Result!

matthewjb
    Free Member

This:

I was thinking of getting it so a very thoughtful gift.

yunki
    Free Member

Woke up on the sofa at 5am as I’m doing the nightshifts with our 4 month old..

However.. by 6am I was tucked up in bed where I remained uninterrupted until 11.30am (you can’t buy that) when I was woken with tea and pancakes.. 😀

I got a couple of hardbacks including Gold by Chris Cleave, and it’s my birthday on thurs so the best is yet to come..!!

convert

(apart from the t-shirt which is going back, got loads of t-shirts)

You ungrateful sod! First rule of present receiving – the other person has actually put some thought into that useless tat, look like you give a shit and don’t take it back unless there’s something physically wrong with it.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

did dalby red with my dad on thursday just gone, im 32 this year

he’s a lot faster than me on the ups

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘A nice bottle of single malt, some pants, a water bottle and a t-shirt’ is closed to new replies.