Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • A new threat to the city cyclist…ouchy
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Cycling between offices at luncthime yesterday and picked up some grit in my eye. Continued to irritate all day and come bedtime I couldnt get comfortable. A bit of a furtle with a torch and a mirror and I could see a dark spec stuck to my cornea. A rub with a tissue only seemed to dislodge part of it into my tears, the rest remaining stubbonly attached to my eye ball and causing no end of irritation as it scraped the underside of my eyelid every time I blinked or moved my eyes in my sleep!

Luckily the Western Eye Hospital on Marylebone Road is on my way into work today. An hour for triage shennanigans in the waiting room before genius doc got me up in front of the lamp and declared I had a “rust ring” in my eye! The metal fragment had gone (last night’s efforts) but the rust ring that had formed around it was left attached to my cornea. A few drops of topical anasthetic and a quick swish with a magic wand and it’s all gone.

And then the anasthetic wore off half an hour ago. Ouchy, itchy, ouchy bastard! Can hardly focus dammit!

Had something similar 20 years ago when Steve my 6th form lab partner managed to shoot hot HCl across the lab and into my eye. Burnt three holes in it. Goggles are for wimps.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Ouch indeed. I managed to get Cilit BANG! in my eye when doing a final clean on our flat last september. A good eye wash and some cream and all was well but it throbbed for a few days.

warton
    Free Member

after a pretty messy night in Back to Basics I was lying on my mates floor smoking a funny cigarette. The hot rock that fell onto my eyeball was not very funny, I can tell you…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘A new threat to the city cyclist…ouchy’ is closed to new replies.