Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • A new rival to 5.10 and shimano?
  • bigyim
    Free Member

Heard a brand called teva are doing a new waterproof mtb shoe for flat pedals next year? Anyone used teva stuff before. I using vans at the moment cause I can’t afford 5.10s and don’t like the look of the shimanos. Any one used teva before?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yeah, had a pair of their Gore tex Walikng boots a while back… Spot on, well made, and all good IMHO…

Really popular in Holland.

Well, they where when I lived there a few years back.

Pieface

They are the original ‘sports sandal’ manufacturer, which makes them as qualified as 5.10 to make a decent MTB shoe

(although 5.10 have the USP of stealth / c4 rubber)

bigyim
    Free Member

Apprantly they have something called spider rubber on the teva soles. Sounds pretty promising

matthew_h
    Free Member

Vans are also bringng out a proper sticky rubber shoe soon. Be interesting to see how these new shoes perform

stayhigh

I had a pair of Teva sandals that lasted 5 years of heavy use before they died. Based on that I’ve been happy to recommend them to others so should be interesting to see what they come up with.

loddrik
    Free Member

All will make the wearer look like a **** regardless. Optional blonde dreads not included…

Northwind

If they’ll make a decent quality waterproof flat shoe, I’ll buy it. Ridiculous gap in the market, at least Shimano are designed with bad weather in mind unlike 5 10s but they’re still not very good at it. Good to have more competition out there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘A new rival to 5.10 and shimano?’ is closed to new replies.