• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by kerv.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • A new definition of relaxed – my wife has started having contractions…
  • igm

… she’s going into labour and has just headed to bed on the basis that it’s unlikely much will happen before the morning.

OK it is second time round, but that’s pretty chilled by my book.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Sleep well and good luck 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

first for us was 22hours.

2nd was 45 minutes.

Get your foot to the floor my friend…..

3rd was 10 hours so maybe not?…

bruk

Good Luck. Remember speaking to the hospital when my wife was in labour. Yes she is getting closer, try and get her to eat something light then come in. The look on her face as I suggested she had something to eat was fearsome.

Still hopefully you will have better uck than us and won’t arrive when it’s shift change time and 1 of the nurses locked my wife in the toilet (from the outside) and left her there!

igm

2nd son born 21 minutes after arriving at hospital.

yossarian
    Free Member

Good work mrs igm!

Congratulations fella! I’ve got two lads as well – bonkers but loads of fun

big_scot_nanny

Game on! All the best!

kev

Drac

Contractions can start days before going into labour.

Good luck.

andywarner
    Free Member

iqm – same! arrived at 11.30 and daughter born at 11.50am. the paramedic thought he was going to have to deliver in the ambulance. this was after they kept telling us on the phone not to bother coming in as the contractions weren’t regular enough. “tell her to take some paracetamol and have a bath”. to be fair this was scarborough hospital, who are in the nhs equivalent of a school being in special measures. i would ignore everything they say and go with your gut instincts. with our second we just went in when we thought it was time and 3 hours later our little lad was born.

best of luck!!

tommid
    Free Member

Congratulations igm and family. Well done Mrs igm for being so chilled.
    We had our first last Saturday after a 48 hour labour. Enjoy the next few weeks of watching them grow, best thing I have ever done.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My wife didn’t even realise she was having contractions then she gave birth (naturally) to twins.

anagallis_arvensis

mrs anagallis had contractions start sunday morning and frank didnt arrive till tuesday morning!!

bruk

Congratulations, Hope mother and baby well!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘A new definition of relaxed – my wife has started having contractions…’ is closed to new replies.