Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • A new definition of irony (mental health issues)
  • roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I found out this morning that my little sister (aged 24ish) was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome yesterday.

I just turned on my telly to find myself watching Rain Man.

Brilliant. You couldn’t make that up.

On a serious note…my little sister has Aspergers…WTF?!

Current thoughts go something like:

Well that explains alot…
    Worried. Stigma. Labeled. Will she cope?
    Then again…she’s not coped terribly well over the last couple of years so maybe it’s a good thing?
    …mind you…what does that say about the rest of the family? You know…genetic predispositions and all that?
    …more to the point what does that say about me?

I appreciate that the above is some of the worst grammar I’ve ever written but just now it’s all a bit of jumble of thoughts and emotions…

smiff
    Free Member

alot more women have autism spectrum disorders than is widely known.

“Many obsessively watch soap operas and have an intense interest in celebrities.”

http://www.autism.org.uk/about-autism/autism-and-asperger-syndrome-an-introduction/gender-and-autism/women-and-girls-on-the-autism-spectrum.aspx

well shit, that’s a lot of women 😉

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

I did suggest something briefly to you regarding this a while back. I don’t now if you remember. I thought this because it runs in my family and I recognise the behaviours associated with it.

Also, I have discovered my own brain is a jigsaw puzzle, not just the ADD/ADHD but a series of other comorbidities coming to light.
    I don’t see any of it as a bad thing for me, if anything its helped my understanding of myself and how I interact with the world around me.

It is heavy though. Really heavy..what a journey :/

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘A new definition of irony (mental health issues)’ is closed to new replies.