Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • A new canvas for you photographers…
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Launched today by a friend (who is also the partner of another, less effusive forumite than me) is Great in Britain

Great in Britain is a unique photographic archive of the British people at work. We invite the nation to submit photographs that celebrate the understated pride and passion of the often unsung working heroes that form the bedrock of this great nation. This gives us a fascinating insight into the world of work in Britain, chronicling the diversity of skills that exist in this country, as well as the great innovation and endeavour.
    greatinbritain.co.uk will become a unique resource, a visual time capsule that will build a legacy for the future and enable viewers to discover and appreciate those who live and work around them now.

There’s some fantastic photos already up, even of some people I know (including mum’s working dog) but there’s definitely space there for some work by people off here. Im sure there’s people here who know some foresters, trail builders, vets and more.

ourmaninthenorth

Like that a lot. Have tweeted, and I know my mother (a photographer in Ceredigion) will definitely contribute to the archive.

Stoner
    Free Member

nice one. Looking forward to seeing stuff from around the country on there. It’s obviously fairly Heref/Worcs centred at its beginning.

brakes
    Free Member

unsung working heroes that form the bedrock of this great nation

who does that cover then?
    the photos in there include a horse racer, a dog and someone sitting in a big kite… not really the foundations of working britain
    what about those ‘unsung heroes’ who sit in an office all day and bash away at their keyboards? can they get on this site?
    EDIT: sorry, I see the bit about rural community somewhere else on this site.

Stoner
    Free Member

“A photographic archive of all that makes rural Britain great”

HTH

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As long as there are no estate agents on there.

igm

Don’t start listing who we’re not allowing. Apart from the fact we can’t enforce it, it would be a very long list, eternally fought over.

But just in case my suggestions for removal from hero status are…

Stoner
    Free Member

I think final say on what goes up is down to the site’s editors 🙂

No estate agents in there yet. There’s a slot of a grumpy floor layer though I’m sure, DD 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘A new canvas for you photographers…’ is closed to new replies.