Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • A never ending desire to sleep forever.
  • mrsfry
    Free Member

perchypanther Is still my snuggle buddy and one of my favourite dudes 🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I have always struggled to get to bed before 11.30pm so I do think the two are correlated.

Are you Pimpmistress Jazz?

sirromj

Why not sleep (if not a work day of course)? Sometimes it all just catches up with me and I’ll just sleep as much as possible/can get away with. Especially if feeling a bit poorly (ie man flu etc) at the weekend. sleep it all off, keep sleeping until better*

*unless you start to feel worse, in which case get up off your fat lazy hairy ass.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jairaj

I’ve had similar symptoms all winter long, fatigued, lazy, unable to get to sleep but always tired and would spend 12 hours in bed on the weekends.

But last two weeks I’ve magically felt much better. In the last week I’ve been on a mtb ride and run 3 times and looking forward to riding again tomorrow. That’s more exercise than I’ve done in December and Jan combined all in one week!

My better mood also coincides with better weather and more sun. Think I might go to the doctor and see if I need one of those SAD lights.

pondo

I don’t particularly have a problem getting up, but if there’s a weekend where I have no reason to get up, I could lie there and doze all day.

This I suspect may well be an urban mythorama, but sure I heard recently that Einstein never slept a full night’s sleep in his adult life, whenever he felt tired he would sit in a comfy chair with a pencil in his hand and have a nap, when he got to the edge of deep sleep his hand would relax, drop the pencil onto his wooden floor and the noise would wake up up, and off he went for another couple of hours’ hard thinking.

I have also read somewhere that back in the day we used to have two shorter sleeps during the night with a break in the middle, rather than sleeping through.

xico
    Free Member

I think you have all missed OP’s message. I don’t think he was talking about wanting a nice lie in every morning, I believe it was about wanting his world to go away, for ever!

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, sleep’s amazing. You can never sleep too much.

chewkw
    Free Member

I can sleep for more than 12 hour easy … 😛

But then I have too many 3 hour night sleep so am really playing catch up sleep.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

My wife had this.

It turned out she had primary hyperparathyroidism.

Caher

Well I can understand this. Up until the end of last year I was on a particularly demanding contract and then had a couple of months off.
    Began by bed at 10 up at 9. Bike riding etc now back to ‘normal’ 8 hours again.
    But there was a period when I just wanted not to get up.
    Stress?

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I can go out and wazz on the lawn and fettle my bike in the warm kitchen.

Man after my own heart.

Selled
    Free Member

If I wake up and it’s passed 5 I have to get up and do “stuff”. I love mornings.
    Since approx 1 year I can’t sleep well if I drink, I wake up loads feeling crappy. If I don’t drink I sleep the sleep of kings and find waking is more like climbing out of a good dream, still early though – I love mornings!

rone

Habit.

I’m with “selled”.

Bear in mind one day you will sleep forever – tends to motivate me.

I’ve never wanted to stay in bed – I always excited at the thought of a new day. However neither can I stay up late.

I get up at 6-630 every day. Never encourage a lie in.

However I generally wake at 3am due to bike theft worries.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I can go to bed at 9pm.Lie in till 11am,get up have lunch and a mooch.Then have an afternoon snooze for an hour or so.And still go to bed at 9pm and sleep like the dead all night.I’m 43 but have always done this.
    I lurve kipping.
    Dedication and practice is what’s needed.You part time sleepers with no commitment to being comatose for large periods of time make me sick 👿

deadkenny
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    Drink Moar Booze. That’ll get you off to sleep.

Sends me to sleep quick. If I don’t have any though I’m buzzing all night but then when tired, bang solid snooze. 8 hours, nah, 10 hours, maybe just about struggling to get up. Even with booze I’m still a heavy sleeper. Meal and booze in the evening and can zonk out at 10pm, but still struggling to get up earlier than 9am.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘A never ending desire to sleep forever.’ is closed to new replies.