Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • A mouse ate a hole in my Revelate pocket – is a DIY waterproof repair possible?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I thought I’d stored my gear safely on a hook in the shed. A mouse managed to get up and scoff an Orlieb pannier (beyond repair) and a corner out of my Revelate pocket. I’ve crudely taped up the hole with spinnaker tape but don’t think it will be a durable waterproof repair. Is it possible to repair it economically or should I just buy a replacement.

nant
    Free Member

First of all, lay down traps.

LSR Lancashire sports repairs ( they do it all from shoes,boots,clothing and tents) Photograph the issue and send them an email of it, they will quote. Been quick and affordable in past.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

First of all, lay down traps.

LSR Lancashire sports repairs ( they do it all from shoes,boots,clothing and tents) Photograph the issue and send them an email of it, they will quote. Been quick and affordable in past.

Excellent. Traps set and poison laid. I caught three mice and a couple of soup plates full of poison have been eaten so hopefully I’ve wiped them out. I’ve got a more secure storage system now.

The bags have been on some memorable trips and I don’t want to throw them away if a repair is possible. I’ll take some pictures and contact LSR. Thanks

trail_rat
    Free Member
    kcal

they (S M G) were who I was going to mention, too – did good job of a jacket and also a tent.

I’d have thought spinnaker tape would make quite a good fix for the moment.

ransos
    Free Member

You can buy goretex repair patches.

benp1

How big are these holes? Are you worried about them being pretty?

Tuff Tape or something from McNett would probably work. I used some Tuff Tape to repair an Alpkit Gourdon after a crash left it in pretty bad shape

Alpkit sell some actually – https://www.alpkit.com/products/stormsure-watersports-repair-kit

tonyplym
    Free Member

This Stormsure stuff works well – have used it to patch several holes in Goretex jackets and waterproof stuff sacs and have been impressed with its performance (easy to apply, surprisingly tough and stays stuck).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘A mouse ate a hole in my Revelate pocket – is a DIY waterproof repair possible?’ is closed to new replies.