Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • A Monster ate my Fatty
  • muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Would be even better if they had gone at it with tools and carved the teeth/features, but I imagine that would have upset even more people.

Not necessarily. it bothers me in two ways, one i’ve been over so much that I’m in danger of boring myself if i repeat it again but also I think it’s just a bit crap, if it had an element of craft about it I might feel more inclined to accept it. In my mind It really is no better than a cock and balls drawn on a toilet wall, funny but nothing more.

dabble
    Free Member

I like it, it shows a thought process and is amusing. The paint will weather off in a few years.

better than “carly luvz dale 4eva” or “call 0***9723601 for a shaggg” which is what most of the beauty spot rocks round my way have got on.

penny1971
    Free Member

singletracksurfer – Member
    Tsk, Banksy on holiday.

Hahaha!

bedmaker

Another like here.

millions of years in the making, that piece of rock, and a couple of hours for an idiot to **** it up

It’s only paint. Some rocks, even older ones, get dug up and sent to rock hell where they cruelly crush them into millions of tiny pieces then dunk them in boiling tar. Then they get run over by lorries for eternity. 🙁

belugabob
    Free Member

Generally, I don’t like Grafitti, but this doesn’t seem to upset me quite so much.

I can relate to both sides of the argument but, for me, if there was one deciding factor is that it’s right next to a road. If it was way out in the middle of nowhere (which Keighley isn’t, despite the rumours) then I’d have more reservations about it.

‘Tis a tricky subject

Seems like it’s been done recently

binners

Its in Yorkshire. Who cares? 😀

trevron73
    Free Member

Thats ace thanks for posting. I’m from Steeton so i’m gonna check it out next time i go visit me mam. makes me wanna go out and get me Banksey on?

plyphon
    Free Member

If art doesn’t offend at least one person, it isn’t art.

And by all accounts, that’s art.

mattjg
    Free Member

I’m not offended. Anyone offended?

yunki
    Free Member

It’s also a shame one can’t express a contradictory opinion here without attracting personal sarcasm and insults.

sorry Grumplestiltskin.. guilty as charged

Does it help you to know that my derogatory remarks were an act of compassion from the ‘tough love’ school of thought..? 😕

For my part I won’t take offence that you have chosen to find my manner inferior to your own.. 😀

mattjg
    Free Member

Nope, I’m determined to enjoy my grump and I’m not letting you spoil it.

To be fair, I regard a day where “wally” is the worst insult I receive, as a pretty good day all in.

Anyway, back to bikes …

trout
    Free Member

Clobber – Member
    how you liking the fatty trout?

Loving it very fun bike 😀

I think I have tracked down the prime suspect carved in the rock under the mouth

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I love the monster rock! Its ace!

But then I love a nice big, well done bit of graffiti anyway. I also love how it offends the sensitive souls out there, to be honest.
    Go boil your heads you miserable muppets!
    Phhhhhh…. 🙂

athgray
    Free Member

I think it is pretty cool. Only gripe is that the claw looks a bit shit when compared to the head.
    Looks like a decent bouldering problem.

yunki
    Free Member

That’s a lovely smooth bit of trail running down next to it

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘A Monster ate my Fatty’ is closed to new replies.