Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • A mildly diverting moral situation that occured yesterday
  • Gunz
    Free Member

I was at my work’s lunchtime circuits session yesterday when a girl in her early 20s said completely out of the blue that she thought my bum looked nice in the shorts I was wearing. To put this in context, I’m 41 and, though in shape, nothing like this has been said to me in about the last 15 years so it kind of bypassed my normal conversation filters and I just carried on running around.
    I’m all grown up so the actual comment itself does not concern me at all. However, when I mentioned it to my wife by saying that it was a little out of order because we were at work and I clearly wear a wedding ring she said I was overreacting and should take the compliment.
    Herein lies my soap box – if a female colleague had been put out by a similar comment and I just said ‘get over it and take the compliment’ she’d rightly rip me a new one.
    Is my wife practicing double standards or do I need to get out of this PC environment for a weekend and eat raw meat on a hillside somewhere.

IHN

If the situation had been reversed, you’d very possibly be looking at the thick end of a sexual harassment charge.

And yeah, I’m pretty sure that if I said to a random woman in the gym that her bum looked nice, and then later said to the other half that it wasn’t taken well, we’d have a pretty interesting ‘discussion’

andyl
    Free Member

is she nice?

Gunz
    Free Member

IHN, thank you. I think I’ll tell my wife that I followed up on it and see what happens then.

Edukator
    Free Member

You need to move to Germany where compliments are out for both sexes. How they ever manage to chat someone up without ending up in casualty, fired, ostracised and social outcasts I’ll never work out.

Is there a reason you’ve chosen the name of a Danube tributary that’s given it’s name to a glaciation as your pseudo, Günz?

molgrips
    Free Member

When I was 22 I walked into the office wearing my lycra cycling gear once, although I usually got changed in the loos outside the office.

The 50-odd receptionist looked at my crotch and said ‘OOH there’s a sight for sore eyes!’ and tittered. I was fairly offended, it made me feel quite uncomfortable.

Same kind of thing though – it would not have been acceptable for a man to make that comment about a woman.

But see my post on the other sexism thread. The male/female relationship is not the same in either direction. Most men could overpower most women and take what they’ve just been admiring, not the case the other way round. This is the subtext.

alex222
    Free Member

I’m 29 and no one has ever in my life complimented me on my appearance. Even though I work out loads and in great shape. I must be as ugly as sin.

#ihatemylife

joolsburger
    Free Member

A girl said you had a nice arse and that’s a moral issue.

I don’t want to be rude but do you get out much?

julianwilson
    Free Member

Is there a reason you’ve chosen the name of a Danube tributary that’s given it’s name to a glaciation as your pseudo, Günz?

Now he has started a thread about how nice his buns are, I reckon the forum name is more about this: 😀 and 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think it probably refers to the UK nickname for muscles – generally biceps

Ask her if she wants to touch it…stop telling the wife

wrecker
    Free Member

Ask her if she wants to touch it…stop telling the wife

+1
    and the correct response would have been;
    “and you sweetheart, have breathtakingly beautiful bosoms”

johnellison
    Free Member

However, when I mentioned it to my wife…she said I was overreacting and should take the compliment.

Is my wife practicing double standards or do I need to get out of this PC environment for a weekend and eat raw meat on a hillside somewhere.

Oh god. You’re in BIG bother. You told your wife? And she said you were over-reacting? 😯

Do you know NOTHING about women??

Clearly your Womanese filter has failed – what you heard as, “you’re over reacting, take the compliment,” was actually, “right brother, that’s going in the file marked “irrelevant snippets that can be trotted out at any time in the future to be blown out of all proportion.” Just you wait…”

I’d pack your bags now and move back in with your mum…

warton
    Free Member

I believe the correct reply to this thread is:

MTFU and go out for a bike ride.

carlosg
    Free Member

molgrips +1 , except I was stood waiting to cross at a pedestrian crossing on my way to the shops.

A young lass (with mates in the car) pulled up at the light as they went red and shouted out of the window ‘phwoar look at the package on that’ I was most suprised as I’ve never considered myself to be ‘big’ luckily I was on form that day and replied ‘yes and it still wouldn’t fill your gob’

I was a roadie when this happened ,lycra is never on show now it’s always under baggies.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Moral?
    Dilemma?

Be great full she made the effort to comment on your buns mate, soon, soon your buns will be as flat as, and saggy as, two soggy peaches in a see through carrier bag.

Shirley you can’t find a compliment a moral dilemma. 🙄

Gunz
    Free Member

She wasn’t a vision of beauty but then again I’m totally grey and have legs like Max Wall.
    Forum name was quickly devised on the basis of my shortened job title at the time of joining but it’s now definitely a ref to my massive pythons (I’d flex them more but it makes my Tennis Elbow throb a bit).

BlobOnAStick

I had my lycra-clad arse slapped by the office cleaner the other week while she wolf-whistled. It made me feel great, but I didn’t return the compliment, just in case.

Mrs BOAS laughed about it and didn’t show any kind of inclination to ‘fight back’ if you see what I mean. 😐

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve been putting up with harassment like this all my life. I just let it go over my head now. (Which isn’t that difficult anyway.)

fasthaggis

I just had an email from a Svetlana in Russia.
    I don’t know her ,but she has said some lovely things about me.
    She sounds really keen …

“I have taken advice about trip to the UK at the girlfriends and they have told that will be happy for me if I shall carry out the dream of trips to the UK.Also they informed that men from UK have all qualitees
    of best husband”

Winner 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘A mildly diverting moral situation that occured yesterday’ is closed to new replies.