Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • A mate shot a Kingfisher…
  • somafunk

….and it’s went viral here, good on him as he spends countless hours sitting out in his hides and traipsing the Galloway hills in all weathers.

He’s got some stunning pics on his flickr page here – well worth a look

The path along by the river is my commute to work and it cheers me up no end on winter mornings to see the otters and other wildlife popping up in front of me 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

BoardinBob

Proper wow!

SaxonRider

Those photos have made my day. Absolutely gorgeous. 8)

Thanks for that somafunk.

neilthewheel

He’ll never need to work again.

mcj78
    Free Member

They’re great – even got a couple of Benedict Cumberbatch in his natural habitat

Pigface
    Free Member

Amazeballs, brilliant photo.

binners

Bloody hell!!! Amazing!!! 😯

somafunk

He’s done not bad 🙂 for a relative beginner to wildlife photography as he only caught the bug 6 years ago, but saying that he’s always been nuts about wildlife and certainly knows his stuff.

Nice to see his wildlife hides photography courses are taking off as well, good example of how to turn a passion into a career.

The only drawback is anything i capture on my Lumix TZ-60 looks pitiful compared to his, but then again i don’t spend 6 hours lying on a mud bank in the river to get that one shot.

I captured a squirrel at the nut feeder outside the window this morning, with the benefit of a cappuccino beside me and a home baked cookie to dunk in it …..that’s my upper limit of photography 😉

spawnofyorkshire

proper cheered up my morning seeing his pictures
    stunning photo(s)

will
    Free Member

Love this shot, but some seriously good shots on his flickr page.

Shaun_rob
    Free Member

It’s an impressive shot, and has got a lot of publicity. Sadly what none of the online articles tell you is that the kingfisher is diving into a just-submerged glass fish tank which contains a live fish as bait.

jamj1974

I saw this as it went viral. Photos are just awesome. My favourite is this one of the kingfisher though! That is truly breathtaking.

soobalias
    Free Member

worse than that Shaun_rob, the kingfisher broke its neck hitting the bottom of the tank.
    in total fourteen kingfishers were killed in making this picture

dont know why he doesnt learn CGI

gallowayboy

Brilliant! is that Cumstoun Brig? and would that be the Fudgey that went to Kbt academy, a year below me?

bear-uk
    Free Member

Clever aren’t they, being able to balance on their beaks like that 8)

somafunk

Yep, well spotted gallowayboy

scuttler

Biros on bananas please. Good job the OP’s photography mate shows more attention to detail.

😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

I thought this thread included a machine gun and lots of feathers, glad it didn’t end up that way.

Amazing shot that..

nealglover
    Free Member

Saw these the other day, they are incredible photos!

As an aside, perchypanther, what sort of pervert would write on a banana and NOT use a biro.

That’s just not right!

Harry_the_Spider

Have you noticed the comment?

Trevor Sanford • 15 hours ago

There is one pic of the kingfisher shaking of the water on the way out which i think is much better. still great capture

Well done, Trevor Sandford from 15 hours ago.

If you’ve got a forehead, Trev has got a fivehead. He also spends his holidays on Elevenerife.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Stunning , simply stunning , thank you for sharing

perchypanther
    Free Member

, perchypanther, what sort of pervert would write on a banana and NOT use a biro.

Don’t judge me. It’s not easy to life the life of a banana writin’ maverick.

timc
    Free Member

Love a lot of his pictures, he should do a calender for 2016

Bunnyhop

I remember the hides when autumn watch filmed the sparrow hawk.
    The otter is my favourite (face on). Fabulous photos which hubby showed me from his facebook page a few days ago.

convert

I’d be asked the kingfisher to go round for a 2nd taken – why couldn’t the little sod have his wings equally retracted? My OCD can’t handle it!

spacemonkey

Wow. Amazing pics.

What camera kit does he have?

ElShalimo

Wow, thanks for sharing.
    Very talented bloke!

GrahamS

Trevor Sanford • 15 hours ago

There is one pic of the kingfisher shaking of the water on the way out which i think is much better. still great capture

This sort of thing?

by Ron McCombe

shermer75
    Free Member

I appreciate that the chances of capturing one kingfisher like that must be high, but two must astronomical!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just shown mrs ws. She’d already seen it on Facebook of all things, nown if she’s seen it then it really has gone viral 😯

choppersquad
    Free Member

Otter picture is my favourite too.
    They look so quizzical.

racefaceec90

fantastic 😀

somafunk

Spacemonkey : I’m not fluent in camera geekery at all, I know it’s a Nikon body but that’s as far as i can go.

The otters up the Dee are quite indifferent to me as i often see them early in the morning as i potter along the path to work or at night when i head home, for such short legs they can run surprisingly fast along the path before giving that look over their shoulder that seems to say ffsake, will you piss off and leave us in peace 😀

senorj

great photos..

GrahamS

If it helps the description on his Flickr page for the photo says it was shot at

“F5 ISO 1/1250 1/5000th”

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘A mate shot a Kingfisher…’ is closed to new replies.