Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 229 total)
  • A magazine more STW than STW itself
  • D0NK

what?

[s]anyone[/s] lots of people can wield a bunch of tubes together but only a bearded man in a shed that people can identify with can charge £2k for it. or sommat

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m having a rather “Kac” day at work and this, as well as another couple of threads, has made me laugh out loud on various occasions.

Thanks y’all 😆

lilchris
    Free Member

skid marks and the odd drop of wee

Get nurse to change you more frequently?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    angeldust
    Free Member

Worked for kerrang and top gear mags after mbuk

Metal Hammer I think

dogbert
    Free Member

but basically, he’s a bit of a cockmonkey isn’t he?

Better than the cock-monkey they replaced him with

He’s worked for 3 fairly major magazines in the UK, he extols the virtues of being a good dad, he’s trying to do something with his life. Good luck to the guy

(and his wife isn’t too shabby)

RustySpanner

Do you have a shower every time you use the bog?
    Or fart?

And you don’t sweat?

RustySpanner

They always have at least one on the MBUK editorial team. 😀

Zak Tempest, anyone?

miketually
    Free Member

People wash jeans?

I wear the same pair of jeans all day, every day. They usually get washed every 3 or 4 months, but I did go 11 months once.

He’s worked for 3 fairly major magazines in the UK, he extols the virtues of being a good dad, he’s trying to do something with his life. Good luck to the guy

This.

If you buy your jeans from Asda or Matalan, the magazine’s probably not for you.

RustySpanner

Eeeeeeeeeeew.

Sings – ‘Mike T smells of wee, smells of wee, smells of wee….’

His little bit on motorcycling is good and I’m sure he’s a great dad.
    Bet he can’t fold his jeans even with a cricket bat though.

Denim’s not like hair – it doesn’t self clean if you leave it long enough.

I had a flatmate who didn’t clean his clothes.
    Ever.
    He stank.

footflaps

Denim’s not like hair – it doesn’t self clean if you leave it long enough.

Hair doesn’t self clean, just the level of grease stabilises. You still need to wash muck out of it eg pour a pint of soup on your head and you’ll smell of soup several hours later…

RustySpanner

You know what I mean.
    😀

If you don’t wash your jeans for 6 months, they’ll still be filthy.
    No matter how many tins of soup you pour on your own head.

miketually
    Free Member

I don’t use deodorant or anti-antiperspirant either. But, I shower every day, manage to go to the loo without pissing on myself, and can eat without spilling 🙂

Ultraviolet light is anti-bacterial, so hanging them out in the sun to air off will kill the bacteria. Lots of people who don’t wash jeans stick them in a freezer, inside a plastic bag, for 24 hours to kill off bacteria too.

RustySpanner

You don’t sweat then?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ultraviolet light is anti-bacterial, so hanging them out in the sun to air off will kill the bacteria.

Well, that’s that sorted then.

DESTROY NINETY-NINE PERCENT OF KNOWN BACTERIA WITH PRE-SLICED, RUSTPROOF, EASY-TO-HANDLE, LOW CALORIE SIMPSON’S INDIVIDUAL EMPEROR SUN-ETTES, FREE FROM ARTIFICIAL COLORING, AS USED IN HOSPITALS!

rOcKeTdOg

Denim is anti-bacterial, 12month old jeans are just as hygenic as new. So there’s no need to wash untill they get grubby

😆

sounds like someone is desperately trying to justify spending a stupid amount of money on some cotton trousers

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Why would you choose not to wash your jeans? Either I’m missing some kind of point here, or one of us is a bit weird. And as for lots of people sticking their jeans in the freezer – really?
    As far as beardy mcaxerson is concerned, I’m not disputing the fact that he’s a good dad or otherwise, I’m simply stating that he comes across as a bit of a cockmonkey, what with all the method living nonsense.

RustySpanner

Tell you what.
    Buy a white pair of jeans and try wearing them for six months without washing them.
    See how you feel then.

*SPITS ON HANKY*
    Come here you scruffy ‘apeth.

wwaswas

them in a freezer, inside a plastic bag, for 24 hours to kill off bacteria too.

I thought freezers just stopped bacteria multiplying rather than killed them?

So your jeans would be just as mank coming out but no more than they were when they went in?

michaelbowden

Ultraviolet light is anti-bacterial, so hanging them out in the sun to air off will kill the bacteria. Lots of people who don’t wash jeans stick them in a freezer, inside a plastic bag, for 24 hours to kill off bacteria too.

Or you could wash them once in while. 🙄

miketually
    Free Member

Wouldn’t life be boring if we were all the same?

RustySpanner

It’d smell nicer, that’s for sure.

So why don’t you wash them?

Junkyard
    Free Member

How can you wear something regularly for 6 months and not get them grubby

There is research on this and what is showed was that after about a week the jeans got no more manky…it did not show that 6 month unwashed etc were clean.

Ultraviolet light is anti-bacterial, so hanging them out in the sun to air off will kill the bacteria.

As we live on planet earth sprayed daily [ ok sometimes] with ultraviolet light I am wondering why we still have germs.

Do you think a turd left out in the sun is bacteria free?

As for freezing them – its no more trouble to wash them IMHO

miketually
    Free Member

I thought freezers just stopped bacteria multiplying rather than killed them?

Nope: bacteria contain water and water expands when frozen. It’s not effective as a form of sterilization, but it does prevent niffs.

How often do the “OMG, must wash jeans” crowd sterilize their shoes?

miketually
    Free Member

As we live on planet earth sprayed daily [ ok sometimes] with ultraviolet light I am wondering why we still have germs.

A quick Google tells me sunlight will kill bacteria, provided the clothes completely dry out.

Do you think a turd left out in the sun is bacteria free?

If it’s completely dried out, and all parts are exposed. (You’d presumably need to grind it up to a powder.)

As for freezing them – its no more trouble to wash them IMHO

It’s not about avoiding the trouble of washing.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Straw man we are talking about washing not sterilising.

Ps take some rancid meat free of bacteria- freeze it – you really want to argue its bacteria/contamination free?

miketually
    Free Member

take some rancid meat free of bacteria- freeze it – you really want to argue its bacteria/contamination free?

Straw man: we’re talking about fabric used to enclose legs, not to be ingested.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not you claimed it killed bacteria so it would be bacteria free like your jeans.
    What you do with it is irrelevant the fact is it either exits the freezer free or not. .
    Perhpas freezing ONLY kills bacteria on jeans or things you wont ingest 😕

A quick Google

Well if we have gone this high brow and scientific I am out 😉

miketually
    Free Member

I love that people care so much about whether other people wash their jeans.

RustySpanner

Go on, tell us.

Is it like the Hell’s Angels?
    Used to knock about with a couple of Angels from the midlands, Bod & Scuzz (I kid you not), who said as an initiation ceremony their jeans were subject to being soaked with every kind of bodily secretion known to man.
    They were not allowed to wash them afterwards.

You don’t strike me as the type to join t’Angels though Mike.

miketually
    Free Member

If you wear untreated jeans for a decent length of time, you get nice, personalised wear patterns when you do wash them for the first time.

Some interesting numbers/facts on bacteria and smells in this article: Not washing jeans for 15 months OK, health-wise at least: study

RustySpanner

But I get the same effect by wearing prewashed jeans until they develop wear.
    What’s the difference?

Serious question.

miketually
    Free Member

It’s not the same.

Some nice examples here: http://www.rawrdenim.com/special/fade-friday/

I suppose it’s like the nice patination that furniture develops over time. You could go to a shop and buy a dining table that’s been deliberately bashed about with a bag of nails, or you could buy a good quality wooden table and use it for years as it gradually shows signs of wear.

Fake “shabby chic” bought in John Lewis vs some old furniture bought at auction or at a fair
    Buying a brand new cafe racer motorbike vs making one yourself
    Radio 2 vs 6 Music 😉

RustySpanner

All you’re doing is exaggerating the wear pattern that would develop anyway?
    Is that it?

Houns

This thread has made me feel dirty, and not in the good way

miketually
    Free Member

All you’re doing is exaggerating the wear pattern that would develop anyway?

Kind of. A better defined wear pattern?

RustySpanner

Ok, fair enough. 😀
    At least you didn’t buy the preworn ones.
    I hate those.
    And relic’d guitars.

Surely cheating a bit though?
    Wouldn’t a prewashed pair look the same eventually?
    Take longer, but the satisfaction would be greater ‘cos you’d put more effort in.
    Be even more ‘authentic and personal’ too.

crikey
    Free Member

All my jeans look like the ones on that site, the difference is that mine are 15 or so years old. I’m sure there’s some kind of irony present in the way urban hipster types strive so hard for authenticity that they turn into caricatures.

As for Beardy McAxerson (super name!), he’s got it all going on, the finger tats, the slicked back shaved hair, the beard. Trying so hard, bless him.

RustySpanner

Interesting website Mike. 😀

Slubbiness is an excellent word.
    I’ll see if I can slip it into post pancake conversation later.

Might even try a pair of sweaty jeans myself.

banks
    Free Member

Mike – going on 2 no wash now : )

chakaping
    Free Member

I looked at the site and thought it was a masterful, extremely knowing satire on pretentious middle-aged men with a denim fetish.

But on further examination it seems to be for real, and I feel disappointed.

🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 229 total)

The topic ‘A magazine more STW than STW itself’ is closed to new replies.