Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • A Mac user, sorry fool, and his money are soon parted
  • IHN

Seems like other firms are cashing in on the Apple fanbois preponderence to spend cash unnecessarily 😉

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18595347

jam-bo

Do you ride a £99 supermarket special?

IHN

Nope, an On-One. So, sort of.

wwaswas

Do on-one tyre prices change depending on which forum you’ve just posted a complaint on?

IHN

🙂 9/10

Jamie
    Free Member

Interesting story. Shame you had to editorialise in such a hilarious fashion.*

*Humourless I know, but using the word fanbois is up there with Halifax adverts, in my list of things people should be shot into space for.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Orbitz said research suggested Mac users generally spent about 30% more per night on hotels than PC users.

If your running Linux does that mean you spend more or less than a PC user?

MSP

The brunt of the story seems to be that mac users have higher expectations and therefore get shown better rooms and hotels.

MSP

If your running Linux does that mean you spend more or less than a PC user?

Depends if you count the real costs of sleeping in a cardboard box, under a railway arch, beyond the initial monetary saving.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I run a hackintosh – does that mean I break into posh hotels but use my own bed linen?

bensales
    Free Member

And in other news, Amazon have been doing this for at least ten years.

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/2000/09/38622

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

So in short people using expensive computers have more disposable income to buy nicer rooms?

Surely for the experiment to have any relevance the people behind the research need to know what price bracket every visitor’s computer was in – but I guess that’s much harder to research.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘A Mac user, sorry fool, and his money are soon parted’ is closed to new replies.