Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 174 total)
  • A Love Story – Three reasons your partner was the one for you….
  • DezB
    Free Member

Bloody heartwarming, you big hairy Yeti monster.

3 things?

Well, the first thing was … my ex-girlfriend pointed her out to me and said “She’s your type” ! Bonkers, as later that ex tried to split us up in a very vicious way. (Actually phoned her parents and told them a load of stuff). Sam stayed with me through that.
    then..
    those amazing blue eyes
    and..
    she puts up with me!

and (4) she’s the most intelligent person I know, even if she does say “somethink” occasionally.

tazzymtb

Eventually, I realised it was me that wasn’t good enough for me, and that I’d missed out on potential happiness.

some people never even get that far fella, they just mess up the lives of all around them, at least you can now move forward and find an elfinella

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Bloody heartwarming

Yeah cheers DezB this thread is actually making me grin (could still be the wine though).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrsToast
    Free Member

Can’t narrow it down to just three. He’s handsome, funny, sweet and kind, plus puts up with me!

user-removed
    Free Member

Honesty on STW? Crumbs 😉

Well, after many years of being a complete (bloody swear filter) and enjoying the charms of many ladies, with a few longish relationships thrown in… I finally met an old friend on a trip home for Christmas 10 years ago. It was all very Christmassy.

Married now. She loves riding bikes and camping, she’s travelled more than I ever made time for and only about another bazillion reasons. I’m not an easy man to love but I think she does pretty well.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

WorldClassAccident – Member

1 – We met

30 seconds before I ever knew she existed I stood up and said to my mate – I am going to meet my wife today (I was 21 and it was lunch time).

I was right, I did and we are still happily married although I am 20 years older.

I’m all for dating younger women, but she was 1 years old! 😯 8)

DezB
    Free Member

I’m not an easy man to love

I wonder if anyone would consider that they are?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Interesting how many say or imply ‘willing to put up with me’!

And reading back through – emsz I’ll accept your choice of June 21st in the top 3 now! (not quite as good as June 24th, but tonight… and in the spirit of this thread you win!)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

bravehotel9er I read it like that first time around… I let it go though… one love and all that.

emma82
    Free Member

blimey, one extreme to another on here tonight. I’ll do my three although there are lots more than three 🙂

He makes me laugh when I’m sad, looks after me when I’m poorly which is often and is the most intelligent, sexy and lovable chap I know. He annoyed the hell outta me when we were younger because I couldn’t leave him alone and I knew I should. 10 years on I still can’t stand being away from him. I think I grew on him after a while too 🙂

boxelder

1. She’s
    2. not
    3. fussy.

binners

3 things?

Absolutely fantastic norks
    **** nbelievable arse
    erm……. 😉

Only joking dear, if your reading this. The first two are very true. The rest is filed under ‘too many to list’

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

yin and yang emma, yin and yang!

Thanks for sharing! Did he appreciate you not being able to leave him alone?

carlosg
    Free Member

1. I fancied the pants of her the very first time I saw her walk through the door at work for an interview , it was like cupid firing the arrow. We were just good mates for 2 years( the pent up lust nearly did me in!)

2. She makes me laugh every day

3. She doesn’t rag me too much about the back room being a bike garage.

21 years together and we’re really happy ,the 1st 15 we just had a blast going out/on holidays generally just living it up. Then we settled down/started a family and it got even better just a bit less cash to go round (number 2 due in March 😀 )

emma82
    Free Member

I’m not sure, I think he liked it really although he still protests even now!!! Anyways, I beat him down and now he can’t get rid of me 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[Whispers] Emma he definitely liked it, that’s one of the number one reasons for splitting up with someone if the attentions not welcome…[saves that topic for another day]

emma82
    Free Member

haha, he hasn’t tried to dump me. Not yet anyway…. 😯

Coyote
    Free Member

Love

At

First Sight

Sounds corny but it’s true. Both met a a club when a bit tipsy (pissed). Scrawled numbers on arms and arranged to ring.

Rang and arranged a date.

Saw her in the pub and fell hook line and sinker.

That was 23 years ago and I love her more every day. Happy? You bet!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Met by chance. Found we had plenty to talk about in that deep and meaningless way you do as starry eyed teenagers. We are good foils for each other – lots of trust and we have grown comfortable together over 30 yrs.

Ans she will sit on the back of the tandem 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

TJ either you’ve got a great arse then or you don’t rant as much whilst on the tandem as you do on here 😉

Coyote another nice story. Thank god it wasn’t the case that only one of you met at the club though…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

great arse

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I didn’t say you are a great arse, I was talking about your derriere!

cinnamon_girl

😆

emsz
    Free Member

Coyote me too.

Yeti , told you. Let’s call it a good month all round. 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

Firstly, she is very intelligent.

Secondly, she is stunningly beautiful.

Thirdly, our characters complement each other. Mostly we are alike, but each has traits that the other admires. For example she is very confident, something I lack. Thus, we can learn from each other and grow as people.

I met her in July, knowing from the first date she was the one. She moved in that day, fell pregnant soon after and this time tomorrow will be my wife. I am the happiest man on earth….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

RichPenny WOW! Congratulations for, for all of it, good luck tomorrow! Hope you have a great day!

locomotive

1. Geometry was right

2. Good spec

3. Liked the paint job

surfer
    Free Member

Good luck Richpenny 😆

I met Mrs Surfer while I was wasting my time in a dead end job. She encouraged me to go to University and worked two jobs to ensure I got my degree.

2 little Surfers later and we are still listening and dancing to Steely Dan in the Kitchen on a Friday night!!!

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

She’s an awful lot of fun.

She introduces me to new things every single day.

She makes me laugh.

I had typed about 15 more and could’ve kept going. 3 is a little limited!

RichPenny- have a brilliant day tomorrow!

cinnamon_girl

Hey Rich, that’s terrific! Thought you’d been quiet on here.

With very best wishes for tomorrow and your next big event. 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Spokes… have as many as you want. It’s all about love not rules…

toppers3933
    Free Member

me and mrs toppers were bessies at school. stayed in touch on and off for about 12 years then in 2007, after both going through some shitty times we met up and got together. within a month of getting together we were engaged, on our nine month anniversary we got married and we now have an 11 month old little monster.
    i love my wife and my son more than anything in the entire world. she understands me better than i do, and i am eternally grateful to her for every second we are together.

this is the best internet forum thread i’ve ever read. nice to see nice things written about nice things. big love to you all.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

toppers thank you! Love seems to find people in all different ways with various histories… can I ask why nothing happened when you were bessies?

iDave
    Free Member

1. the one who i can’t be with for another 10 years or so – beautiful mind, beautiful smile, heart of gold, soulmate until i die

2. the one i’m currently with and who could derail number 1 – intelligence beyond words, stunning, heart of gold, intriguing, passionate, hidden depths…

3. the one i should have been with but never can be…. blah blah blah…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What a fantastic thread. Goes from this:

1. Geometry was right

2. Good spec

3. Liked the paint job

( I confess: I lolled 😳 )

To this:

i love my wife and my son more than anything in the entire world. she understands me better than i do, and i am eternally grateful to her for every second we are together.

this is the best internet forum thread i’ve ever read. nice to see nice things written about nice things. big love to you all.

🙂

Brilliant.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

But have you learnt owt Elfin?

I’m ritually burning my jacket to mark the birth of the new me 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

Cheers all, will finally have a posh pic for the mugshots thread 😀

1) She’s gorgeous
    2) Shes so unbelievably caring

3) She can do this!!!!! :-

cinnamon_girl

😯

And you let her??!!

she had to follow me in to gauge the speed which would have either made me bf of the week or bastard of the decade if it all went wrong! but as you can see she nailed as I knew she would and thats why Im so very grateful to be blessed with her as it makes me so proud!!!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 174 total)

The topic ‘A Love Story – Three reasons your partner was the one for you….’ is closed to new replies.