Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • A long shot: Anyone have any bike shop/hire contacts in Cape Town?
  • mefster
    Free Member

Off to Cape Town on holiday with the family and realised the Argus Cape Tour is on whilst we’re there. 35000 riders on a 109km road ride aound the cape. Managed to get an overseas entry. Just need to sort out a bike!

Managed to persuade Mrs M to give me the day off to ride, but there’s no chance of me dragging a bike box along with all the other needed when holidaying with a 15 month old! (The 15 month old is my son, not my wife, by the way!) I’ll just be taking my shoes and pedals and trying to get a hire bike or demo bike for the event.

I’ve contacted a few shops in Cape Town and bike hire places, but unfortunately no joy yet.

Does anyone know anyone who works in a bikeshop in Cape Town (or on the Garden Route- we’ll be in Wilderness the week before) who might be able to source a bike? Or have any other suggestions as to where I might be able to get a bike?

I’ll be gutted if I end up watching from the sidelines!

silverside
    Free Member

let me check my picasa photos
    i was there recently, experience of 3 tour companies and 2 of them have crep bikes (not maintained 4 year old heaps of muck)

the good one is “day trippers”

sjh thomas
    8 pine way
    pinelands

021 511 4766

patentlywill
    Free Member

did you finish this? I was there on holiday sadly without bike and without a pass but it looked pretty inpmressive though I gather the head winds were ferocious and cause several crashes. I’m tempted to have a go one year – would you recommend it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘A long shot: Anyone have any bike shop/hire contacts in Cape Town?’ is closed to new replies.