Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • A little vent…
  • mboy
    Free Member

All small fry of course, but I’m REALLY worked up right now that I didn’t get to ride this weekend…

OK, part of it is my own fault, front hub bearings have needed replacing on my hardtail for a good while but they finally gave up the other day… No problems, I have my full sus too… Only I went on a wet Brecon Gap ride on Wednesday on that, and welsh grit has got in everywhere (without me knowing) seemingly trying to reduce my bike to its component parts, so the bike was unrideable this morning too… 🙁

Not such a biggie, it’s just one weekend… Only the next 5 weekends straight (including the Bank Holiday all 3 days) I’m now working! Weekday local evening rides for me for the next month or so it would seem…

And before anyone says anything, yes I’m aware there are much worse things going on in life right now, I’m just a little shocked myself how annoyed I am about not getting to ride today!

CHB

Its not dark yet….crack on!

😉

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Gutted for you mate, I’m guessing you work in retail?

ken_shields
    Free Member

front hub bearings have needed replacing on my hardtail for a good while

I went on a wet Brecon Gap ride on Wednesday

Both self-inflicted wounds…..no sympathy

I on the other hand had a lovely ride round Woburn in the sunshine and then sat watching BMX racing in the sunshine 8)

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Why can’t you just fix the problems?

mboy
    Free Member

Why can’t you just fix the problems?

I have, spent most of today doing bike maintenance rather than riding. It’s funny, 10 years ago I was one of those guys that would spend at least twice as much time maintaining bikes as riding them. These days, I generally CBA, so generally stick with stuff for its reliability. But all mountain bikes need maintaining, even rigid ones from time to time!

Both self-inflicted wounds…..no sympathy

Annoyed with myself for not sorting out the front hub bearings on the hardtail sooner, but wasn’t expecting Brecon grit to pretty much render my full sus in need of a total overhaul after one ride!

Gutted for you mate, I’m guessing you work in retail?

Beggars can’t be choosers sadly… Spent sooooo much time this last year or so on JSA, just gotta accept what I can get, and that means the next 5 weekends straight sadly.

Its not dark yet….crack on!

Nearest trails are almost 30 mins away sadly. I have a light, but I also have to get up tomorrow morning, and I’ve got to do some prep yet for the job I’m doing tomorrow.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Too many complicated machines, sell them and get a SS, ride, hose, lube put away. Sweet.

mboy
    Free Member

sell them and get a SS

The thought had entered my mind… My hardtail is/was rigid though, and only a 1×10 setup on it (which wasn’t causing the problem anyway), just shot hub bearings (now replaced).

Anyway, 2 bikes in fit fettle right now so will at least be able to take my pick for my next ride…

wallop

falkirk-mark

You need another bike.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘A little vent…’ is closed to new replies.