Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • A little teaser. Puppy content….
  • This is one of our new additions that we will be meeting for the first time on Sunday.

She’s a pocket beagle and will be joining us with one of her brothers – the pic of him is a little blurry, but I’m sure I’ll be posting plenty next week so you’ll have to wait to meet him. Need names next….

Untitled by davetheblade, on Flickr

Junkyard
    Free Member

650b – really bring dog ownership alive

iolo
    Free Member

Aww, lovely.
    Have fun cleaning wee and pooh for a bit.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Nawww cute.

just dropped my pup off to get steralised. poor thing she knew something was up and whimpered all the way to the vets!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Huh, you shouldn’t really do that until she’s been through her first season.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

She’s 6 months old dude. I’ll go with the advice from the vet if that’s ok 🙂 Perhaps “pup” gave the impression she was just a nipper but she’s more adolescent I guess.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

My vet told me not to (if I can) until she’s around a year old. 🙁

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Fair e-ruff (lol, see what I did there?)

Ours is from a rescue home and they booked us in for the op when we bought her. Dogs here are a lot more sociable – often down the dog beach so makes sense to me to get her done sooner rather than later.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

If we’re talking new additions…

Brand new out the wrapper at 0400hrs, along with another 8 (so far)

sandwicheater

Barney, that massive dog is about to eat your mole.

petrieboy

Nice pup aphex, do you know what she is? Looks quite like monty our rescue

aphex_2k
    Free Member

GSD x Lab

Initially the rescue home said it was a gsd x greyhound but all the vets docs state otherwise. She’s got a bloody good temperament though.

She’s all groggy at the moment and has a lampshade on her head. 10-14 days then the stitches come out. Had to pick her up and put her in the car, poor thing. She could barely wag her tale but she seemed to perk up when she saw me.

surfer
    Free Member

Picking up this little bad boy in a couple of weeks!
    I have told the family he is not just for Christmas day. With a bit of portion control we can get a nice curry and some sandwiches 😀

[/url] IMG-20131127-WA0000 by [/img]

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

She’s adorable. Names? Brenda and Atticus.

Pieface

Tyson FTW

mikey74
    Free Member

I’m sorry but all Beagles have to be named Snoopy: It’s the law 😀

Sui
    Free Member

🙁 not allowed one, despite working from home… I want another rotty.

mintsauce5
    Free Member

This is our new addition , names Ruby , had her a week tomorrow just over 8 weeks old , house trainings going ok and she’s getting on well with our two year old black lab

emma82
    Free Member

Too cute 🙂

Surfer is that a cocker? I want one that colour next, just so I can call him sweep 😀

petrieboy

aphex_2k – Member
    GSD x Lab
    Initially the rescue home said it was a gsd x greyhound but all the vets docs state otherwise. She’s got a bloody good temperament though

Interesting. Monty looked like this when we picked him up from rescue.

They thought he was lab X English mastiff but everyone since thinks lab x gsd x something huge. Given his pace, I’m pretty sure there is some greyhound/long dog in the mix too.

Mutts are the best! Hope she’s back to full wag soon!

Lazgoat
    Free Member

On the sterilising topic… A few weeks into getting our puppy and registering with the vets they wanted to book her in for the op. They said to do it before her first Season. All the breeder’s we spoke to said not to and to wait till she had her first Season at least to allow her hormones and bones to develop.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

My mother has a cairn and she was done before her first season and now at 10 she’s been a fantastic little dog

She’s pictured here with my westie, who I think is crossed with the devil

chestrockwell

Vet told us to wait until at least after the first season with our Lab. They also say it’s good to let them have one or more litters as it prevents a certain cancer I can’t remember the name of. We’ll probably let her have a litter when she’s two or three then get her done.

Pongo is 10 months now and still thinks she’s a puppy but is almost full grown. Amusing and frustrating but she is a lovely dog.

faceplanter
    Free Member

Huh, you shouldn’t really do that until she’s been through her first season.

Our little lady got done before her first season by our local veterinary hospital. Apparently done at this time it hopefully eradicates most if not all lady dog problems.
    Different vets believe in different procedures but the important thing is we all want our pets to have a long, happy and healthy life.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

You get a real differance of opinion on this……Best thing do is listen to everybody and then do what the hell you want

Meet Woody…

and Lottie…

Settled in their crate – they are adorable…

Nobby

Gorgeous!

mogrim

Gorgeous +1 !

Been a year since my dog died 🙁 Really need to get to work on the wife to persuade her we need another…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘A little teaser. Puppy content….’ is closed to new replies.