Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • A little rear shock advice, if you please…
  • motozulu
    Free Member

Have the choice of the DT Swiss X313 with remote or the Rock Shox Monarch RT3 on the Rose bike I am configurating. I know nothing of rear shocks as it’s my first F/S.

Tempted to go with RS cos they are so popular, but I like the idea of the DT remote. DT option is £27 extra, so it’s not the money, but the white DT does offend the tart in me 😳

Has anyone got any views on both, either options?

Thanks

motozulu
    Free Member

I want to order the bike today – so I’m shamelessly bumping till someone answers me 😀

strike
    Free Member

Those 2 shocks will feel worlds apart in terms of feel. DT shocks always feature more pre-set compression damping than RS (or Fox) ie they give a firm ride and are not so plush and better suited to XC bikes/riding.

You’ll also be able to get Monarch tuned by someone such as TFT, whereas you can’t get any optional tuning for DT. You can also service everything yourself (ie change the damper oil) on a Monarch (certainly, you used to be able to).

Back-up on DT is excellent as all warranty and servicing is done by TFT.

Parts, if needed, will also be more expensive with the DT.

On balance I think I’d go for the Monarch.

motozulu
    Free Member

Thanks very much mate. Like the idea of a remote but it’s no deal breaker. I’m after a do it all shock so the DT is out.

Monarch it is then.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘A little rear shock advice, if you please…’ is closed to new replies.