Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • A little help with Warranty and refunds..
  • jimbothejetset
    Free Member

I’ve recently returned a frame to a UK company after I found a crack in the weld above the BB, they have admitted manufacture fault and cannot offer a replacement frame as it’s now not in stock and won’t be made in future, frame is 8 months old with 7 months use up to about an estimated 400 miles.

They have offerd a full credit note as the 28 days return and refund policy applies, this is where I’m stumped, if the item is faulty and they cannot offer me a replacement and it’s within warranty, surely the 28 day policy is bull? I’m not returning it because it’s the wrong size or I don’t like the colour, I’m returning it because its not fit for purpose.

Am I entitled to a full refund?

Any help appreciated.

scotroutes

I would have said so. This isn’t even a warranty issue, it’s SOGA.

tomhoward

What colour was your orange 5, out of interest?

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

Not an Orange… It was a Off Two ;-)..

J-R

+1 for scotroutes

Junkyard
    Free Member

You dont have to accept the credit note and manufacturing defevt means not fit for purpose so full refund

They can offer a credit note but the law is clear that you are entitled to a full refund and do not need to accept it.

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

Hmm cheers guys food for thought.

Northwind

jimbothejetset – Member

Not an Orange… It was a Off Two ;-)..

Good luck!

Sancho
    Free Member

since when does a manufacturing defect mean not fit for purpose, best read up on law before trying to prove that one.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Not saying you should accept a credit note but could you do a deal whereby you do for a greater value. Of course you may not want another of their products but if they are being reasonable and you are as well it may pay off.
    I would suspect they are following a standard practice, after all who wouldn’t prefer to keep your money rather than give it back.
    Keep it sweet if possible, you may benefit. 😆

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

Sancho a crack along the BB weld is unfit for purpose mate.

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

Cheers for the help guys. After chatting and being pushed around all day Friday I just spoke to a top lad who sorted everything for me an was a true gent!

Sancho
    Free Member

jimbo, in that case you may as well declare all bicycles in the world unfit for purpose, as there isnt a brand or type of bike out there that hasnt had a frame crack at some point.

maybe understand that unfit for purpose is a phrase bandied about on here but not actually the correct turn of phrase for a frame that breaks, its simply a warranty issue.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If an individual frame breaks and the company accept it is a manufacturing fault then that frame is not fit for purpose. It does not mean that all the frames they make of that make are not fit for purpose.

Even with Sigma 6 and such like processes they know some of the things they make wont work.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘A little help with Warranty and refunds..’ is closed to new replies.