Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • a list of 60mm stems
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

Currently running 70 but I fancy trying something a tad shorter.

So far I’ve found:

Syntace Force and Megaforce
    Raceface Respond and Turbine
    Thomson Elite X4

and then Easton Havoc and Sunline V1 in 65mm

any others you know of?

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve got a mint condition Gusset Staff in the garage if you fancy a bargain?

I’d recommend it even if you’re after new anyway…
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/stem/product/review-gusset-staff-stem-11-37764/

🙂

jonnyrockymountain

I have a turbine one NICE

prawny

If Reggie doesn’t want your gusset (ooherrmissus)I’ll be interested. How much do you want for it?

martinhutch

At the cheaper end of the scale, my On one CNC 60mm has been fine and dandy, and mine was a lot less money than the link, so I guess they put them on offer fairly regularly.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/STOOCNC/on-one-ultralight-cnc-stem

bol

Race Face Ride?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

okay I’ve spotted a few more…

Nukeproof Warhead
    Truvativ Holzfeller

(and an Easton Haven in 55)

CRC have the Turbine for £40…mmm

Northwind

Gusset Staff is actually really nice. Pro do some excellent ones as well, light and stiff but pretty ugly graphics. Honestly I reckon stems are a place you can waste a lot of money, I’ve had Thomson and Easton but could I tell any difference? My current KCNC cost me about £17 and is better imo.

martinhutch

Couldn’t see the turbine for £40 in 60 on CRC. Only 110.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

ah yes… should have looked a bit harder…

65 at merlin.

core

Huge money for a stem!

chakaping
    Free Member

If Reggie doesn’t want your gusset (ooherrmissus)I’ll be interested. How much do you want for it?

£20 for a quick sale?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I like stems though 😉 Always have. Way back in the day when Syncros were the stems to have, then Thomson, Easton et al

prawny can have first dibs chakaping. I’m still undecided.

creagbhan

Answer Rove AM

chakaping
    Free Member

Funnduro in 60mm? (though CRC are out of stock)

Or (classic STW unhelpful response) just get a 50mm or 45mm and save yourself the hassle in the long run.

😉

Leigh2612
    Free Member

I’ve got a Kore mega 60mm I’ve just taken off of my bike. Black, 60mm, feels fairly light. Drop me an email if you fancy it?

honourablegeorge

The Megaforce is the lightest of the lot and can be had dead cheap on EBay

ryderredman
    Free Member

I have a turbine, nice piece, not 60mm though. I have the 70mm, rather bling, mines a bit creaky but I suspect its my own doing (need a torque wrench).

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I switched my 70mm Thomson with my 60mm Nukeproof between both bikes and theres barely any difference. Someone could switch back without me knowing and I’d not notice…

wheelie

I guess any of these stems can be slammed?

Tracey

Titus do an El Guapo Corto 55mm, £39.99 from On One, which is light and looks the part. Abigale is running the 35mm version on her Enduro which looks and works quite well

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Or (classic STW unhelpful response) just get a 50mm or 45mm and save yourself the hassle in the long run.

You may be right. Easton do the Haven in 55… This is what I run currently (in 70) and it’s a lovely bit of kit, so that might be the way to go.

daveh
    Free Member

I switched my 70mm Thomson Whyte with my 60mm Nukeproof between both bikes and theres barely any difference. Someone could switch back without me knowing and I’d not notice…

+1 with edit 🙂

chrishc777
    Free Member

I have a Gusset staff and it’s pretty good too. like the iterchangeable face plates

JoeG
    Free Member

On-One CNC +1. Really nice. 😀

matther01
    Free Member

I’ve had a Turbine 60mm and RF ride and currently have a Haven 55mm and a Syntace megaforce2 50mm. I guess rise should come into the equation?

Out of all of them I think the Haven is my favourite. Light, good looking and was pretty cheap from Merlin. The turbine came from Amazon for less than £40 too to be fair.

Syntace was stupid money off ebay and bought whilst drunk! Took weeks to arrive too. Never had a stem with hex bolt heads as big…Thomson X5 look miniscule in comparison.

Mortop do a load in a range of sizes and colours. The bolts sticking out is a marmite thing though

matther01
    Free Member

^^^never seen that before looks quite nice!

br
    Free Member

+1

On-One CNC

ryan91
    Free Member

£25 truvativ AKA stem at CRC, mine came today and it looks sound.

sheck

Got 2 truvativ AKA stems in 60mm

Stiggy

Pro Koryak, forged 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘a list of 60mm stems’ is closed to new replies.