Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • A light as self defence.
  • docstar
    Free Member

The torch would be handy to see where I’m going when I’m running the hell away from a threat!

DT78
    Free Member

Well I would. Thats why I bought it.

I am refraining from posting sillyness on the net, but yes I really would.

crankboy
    Free Member

Just a boring note anything designed intended or adapted to be used to injure or incacipate is an offensive weapon, so illegal to carry outside the home. There is no general right to arm yourself in speculative self defence. So the torch with a striking bezel is illegal. Also tactical lights are only £5 off eBay so the advertised ones on social media are massively over priced and the supporting pictures were nicked off a hobbiest website and do not show the light from those torches.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

When I was in Turkey on holiday a few years ago me and my mate were looking around a gift shop when the shopkeeper got us to come over and look at some “torches” he had in a secret drawer under the counter.

It was obvious what they were by the electrodes either side of the lens, he even got one out for a demo 😯 Would have been an ideal torch to be carrying incase of trouble but didn’t fancy the prison sentence for firearms offences bringing it home 😆

brian1001
    Free Member

What about a pepper spray? What happens if you get caught with that? Or if you use it self defense?

DrP

If I feel threatened,I whip out a pack of cards and bamboozle the words be assailant by a little dirty I call ’52 card pickup’… They ruddy love it…

DrP

LeeW

What about a pepper spray? What happens if you get caught with that? Or if you use it self defense?

I think the ‘full on’ stuff the police carry is illegal to carry unless you’re a PO.

DrP, when you throw them don’t forget to ask them to be returned in number order and a suite order of your choice. It throws them even more!

jimjam
    Free Member

LeeW

I think the ‘full on’ stuff the police carry is illegal to carry unless you’re a PO.[/quote]

I think once you create any kind of method of spraying a noxious chemical/liquid it becomes a firearm. UK law really does seem to make it illegal for a law abiding citizen to defend themselves with anything other than their bare hands.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

There’s a red dye spray you can get, it’s a bugger to get off and even when you do it still shows up under UV light.
    Spray that and leg it!

Edit: it’s completely legal in the uk

crankboy
    Free Member

Pepper spray is self evidently an offensive weapon in is designed to injure or incapacitate, from memory it is also a firearm so double bad .

onehundredthidiot

I’ve been in enough fights to know that if I have disadvantaged an opponent by dazzling him I’m going to leg it as fast as I can.

jimjam
    Free Member

crankboy
    Pepper spray is self evidently an offensive weapon in is designed to injure or incapacitate,

Not sure I would agree with you but regardless, the law does view it as a firearm so that’ll deter most law abiding citizens from having it.

Digby

Infra-sound is (supposed to be) very good for making people feel uneasy without them quite knowing why

yeah – extremely low-frequency sound creates a feeling of nausea and anxiety. It was used in the film ‘Irréversible’ and people supposedly left the auditorium feeling unwell – although that might have just been the extreme sexual violence in the film

lol @ ‘the brown note’ … I’d forgotten about that! 😆

benp1

CountZero – I agree that in the right hands a strike bezel is an effective tool. But in the right hands anything can become an effective tool – from a biro to a credit card to a thumb

But in most peoples hands, like my own, it’s just an embellishment on a torch

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Pepper spray is under the Firearms Act

The Act prohibits any weapon of any description, designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other substance.

PAVA imho is much better than pepper / capsicum spray.

onehundredthidiot

Problem with infra sound/brown note is its not really directional.

crazy-legs
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘A light as self defence.’ is closed to new replies.