Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • A letter to Hope
  • honourablegeorge

BearBack – Member
    Google raceface and MEC.
    Same Lbs/ supplier concerns as OP.. It wasn’t long after that raceface shut their doors!

Bit more to it with RaceFace, wasn’t there? Some shady goings on with senior staff were rumoured.

toons
    Free Member

better stock up then 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

As I pointed out before, it’s often not the big boys who have the best prices on Hope Hoops – which suggests Hope’s side of the story here is accurate.

Wonder if the OP will be back to thank them for supporting small bike shops?

kelvin

Well, that’s all that cleared up.

johnnygooner
    Free Member

This thread has turned into a ‘support your LBS’ thread, which I’m generally happy to do. To a point! Went to get some new shorts at a LBS the other day RRP £79.99. Same shorts at a large online retailer £55.99. i really dont mind paying a little extra at LBS. I can after all touch feel try on but when LBS is 40% dearer… There are margins in there somewhere! And to anyone wishing to educate me in retail theories/practicalities, I say 40%!!!

gearfreak
    Free Member

Wasn’t going to reinvigorate the thread, but as it’s reappeared anyway I will indeed thank Hope, both for making great products, and for supporting the independent dealer network. The personal phone call I had this morning was much appreciated, and must have taken a little bit of detective work to get my number.

Well done Hope, we will continue to sell as much of your product as we can, but that’s because we love it!

Now I wonder if a similar open letter to SRAM/Rock Shox would have the same affect??

joeelston
    Free Member

I have phoned Hope a few times these past two months and their customer service has been fantastic. Eliminating my need to go to the LBS……….

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘A letter to Hope’ is closed to new replies.