• This topic has 21 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jeffl.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • A less than perfect day at work fixed with a perfect commute home :-)
  • amedias
    Free Member

always amazing how a simple bike ride can lift your mood 😀

STATO
    Free Member

So excited you fell over. [edit] Damn beaten by the edit [/edit]

Nice pics.

madeupname
    Free Member

Where’s the commute? Beats suburbia!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    amedias
    Free Member

😆

extended commute via Woodbury Common in East Devon, it’s either over the common for some offroad fun, or along the seafront and estuary if I want it easy, both beautiful 🙂

el_boufador

Looks lovely

tomhoward

Even the worst bike rides are better than the best days at work 😀

Dibbs
    Free Member

Though it looked like Woodbury (nice round pebbles) I used to race there a long time ago (Sid Valley Series) the only races I ever won prize money. 😀

amedias
    Free Member

Even the worst bike rides are better than the best days at work

this could not be more true!

nach
    Free Member

Lovely! 🙂

This blue sky is SO WELCOME.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I finished a night shift this morning and spent the afternoon pottering around on the Quantocks, no more work till Monday 😀

ontor
    Free Member

What’s the bike?

amedias
    Free Member

it’s a Specialized AWOL, or did you mean Nach?

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Was pretty nice down the road in Paignton too….

amedias
    Free Member

Another glorious day down here today, hope this stays…

benp1

For the second day in a row, I forgot to put my sunglasses on for my morning commute – grrr

Crisp morning with a low winter sun. All the cars were frosted up with thick ice today

Will be dark on the way home though

Alex

Nice Pics. Won’t be long before riding home in the light.

I just went for a skive ride instead yesterday. Got to grab those blue skies when you can.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Eh9JBD]Malverns Skive Ride :)[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EhaQtB]Malverns Skive Ride :)[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Eqoci4]Malverns Skive Ride :)[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

jamest
    Free Member

OP – what front rack are you using on your AWOL? Looks like the pizza rack – I’d heard Specialized we’rent bring into to the UK?

amedias
    Free Member

replied direct to your email james 😉

Hi James, I tried to get hold of a Pizza rack too for ages, but they don’t seem to be easy to come by unless you import form the US, but when they started turning up on the 2016 bikes in the UK I went to the LBS to have a nosey and I’ve actually gone off them a bit for a few reasons.

1 – they only mount to the low-rider boses and crown, NOT to the dropout eyelets so they’re not as well supported as they look
    2 – the pannier mount bar is actually quite high up the leg, good for ground clearance but unless you are using massive panniers it puts the weight quite high up.
    3 – it’s Aluminium, not an issue for light loads but I don’t think it’ll be robust enough with panniers AND stuff on top, especially given point 1.

I’ve actually gone for a combo of two racks, a normal front rack with normal width top platform, and a Tubus Tara lowrider rack for the panniers, overall it gives pretty much the same options, but with better support, better weight placement and the only downside is a slightly reduced width top platform, together they actually come in a smidge lighter than most full porteur racks too, and it keeps the loads independent too which is handy at times.

If you want an alternative to the pizza rack the best one out there at the moment seems to be the Soma Deluxe Porteur rack, the Velo Orange one looks like a good bet if you just want the porteur platform, but it doesn’t have any pannier mount bars lower down.

D0NK

Aye it’s amazing how riding home from a crappy day at the office can completely transform your mood, whereas sitting on the train or (god forbid) sitting in traffic, will do nothing to help.

More cold weather forecast for tomorrow, see if I can get up early for an extended commute in – last tuesday’s morning mini adventure was brilliant! I’m currently favouring morning rides as the mud tends to defrost during the day with grim consequences.

longmover
    Free Member

I have had a few nice commutes lately

jonba
    Free Member

I enjoy going to work.

It is a nice ride. It’s just a shame things go downhill once I arrive.

Great photos BTW. Must take “the interesting way home” now I’ve got a few minutes more daylight.

jeffl

Couple of nice rides recently

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘A less than perfect day at work fixed with a perfect commute home :-)’ is closed to new replies.