Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • a idea………re classified scammers
  • Andyhilton
    Free Member

Just put up a seller feedback thread. If people want to use it then that would be great. If they don’t it will just slink off the page.

Andy

Xylene
    Free Member

AndyHilton=freeform5spot?

hora
    Free Member

AndyHilton=freeform5spot?

No. I’ve met him (top bloke who is more than willing to help a STW’er) and he lives close to me. He most certainly isn’t him.

JonR
    Free Member

I’ve known AndyHilton for nearly 16 years and if he were breaking that many bikes there is no way he wouldn’t have phoned me up to borrow tools.

hora
    Free Member

Anyway to balance the karma thing (I dont like asskissing)…..andyhilton likes drowning kittens in his spare time whilst driving over OAP’s who don’t cross the road fast enough.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

A feedback forum won’t really work, due to peoples differing opinions of whats acceptable & whats not.

wrighty9696
    Free Member

If you read the thread its pretty obvious andy isn’t freeform5spot

The tax thing mentioned earlier is interesting though
    From the size of his turnover he Is obviously running it as a business so I’m sure he is legit but at what level does trading become tax evasion?

Or another way of thinking is would you grass someone on benefits working on tthe side for a bit extra for crimbo?
    But what about someone in a full time job making more than the average salary flogging expensive bits of bike on the side for the last 4-6 years?

uplink
    Free Member

The feedback thing would be simple to do

All any seller has to do is start a new post in the classifieds simply titled with their username
    Anyone who has any dealings with them can just add comments to it – In fact anyone could start one on a sellers behalf if they hadn’t done it for themselves [for whatever reason]

The way that the classifieds works means that the post will soon disappear off the first few pages but will be easily searchable so won’t clog anything up or be intrusive at all

simple & effective

j_me
    Free Member

Uplink – as Suggested in an earlier thread.

Stick your feedback on th original FS or WTD thread then add a tag to the thread in the format:

FEEDBACK username

It would then be easy to pull all threads back that contained feedback for an individual user via the tag function.

uplink
    Free Member

It would then be easy to pull all threads back that contained feedback for an individual user.

fair enough, but you’d have to go through them all individually –
    1 thread would keep it all nice & neat

I’m not sure most folks use the tags – I know I don’t

j_me
    Free Member

Fair point, can people title the feedback thread in a standard way, so it’s nice and easy to search for and you don’t need to trawl through all their posts.

uplink
    Free Member

Fair point, can people ne the feedback thread in a standard way, so it’s nice and easy to search for and you don’t need to trawl through all their posts

If the title of the thread was simply their username & nothing else, it would be easy peasy

Digger90
    Free Member

Hmm, more scams from Peter Gratwick I’m afraid, as a Google around this morning shows.. this time on Bikemagic Forum, last year

and…

[Your giving out too much personal info – Mod]

jimmy

Errr, should you be posting someone’s private address for all to see…?

Digger90
    Free Member

Nope, that’s why I’ve masked it.

daver27
    Free Member

So this guy is definitely a trader. if he is buying stuff, breaking it down and flogging it on, then he should be paying tax, Ni etc. the fact he is not using the stuff proves he is in it for profit, therefore it is a business. i am not trying to cast aspersions as he may well be totally legit and paying tax.
    but, no one in their right mind is going to buy bikes, spend time stripping them down and then sell them on for no profit. totally different if he was actually using the gear for a while, but clearly he is not.
    don’t get me wrong, i am all for making a little extra money on the side, but there are little things like distance selling laws that you have to comply with if you are Trade selling via the web.
    as far as i can see, he is at the very least breaking that law.

Drac

Right there’s enough claims on Peter Gratwick now, this is turning into witch hunt. So no more on this guy please there’s plenty info now to allow people to judge for themselves.

For the record his account was blocked on here as he appears to be trade and had more than one account which is breaking the rules. We hold no judgement on how he has dealt with buyers as that is an issue between the individuals to sort out.

The thread will be left open as we are using it to get ideas on what may be beneficial for members reference the classifieds, it’s original purpose thanks Ton. If there is any more witch hunting on Peter the posts will be deleted.

daver27
    Free Member

This is not part of the witch hunt so please don’t delete, but something EVERYONE selling on here should be aware of regarding distance selling (not sure if its listed on the site anywhere), especially if you are going to hide the fact you are a trader:

If you buy goods from a private individual, for example, through an advert in a newspaper or shop window, or at a car boot sale, you have very few legal rights. However, if the seller offers a description of the goods, they must match the description given. If your goods don’t match the description given, you may be entitled to compensation. You may also be entitled to compensation if you have bought an unroadworthy car from a private seller, which has caused injury to someone. However, it may be especially difficult to get compensation from a private seller.

Sometimes, people who sell goods as part of their business pretend to be a private seller in order to avoid their legal responsibilities towards their customers. This is a criminal offence.If you suspect that the person you have bought goods from is not really a private seller, you should complain to Consumer Direct

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

How can he get such a high turnover of good spec’d bikes!!!! 👿

xiphon
    Free Member

Do people still pay loads of dosh, to someone they’ve never met, for an item they’ve never seen in person?

Not being one to point out the obvious, but if Digger90 went to collect the frame/forks in person, and saw the frame was not 2010 (as advertised)…..

seriously, do people really have £1500 to potentially throw away???

Digger90
    Free Member

Xiphon – I’m sure it’s obvious that what you suggest isn’t always possible.

Seller was in Sheffiled and I am in Sussex.

Digger90
    Free Member

To give an update on this:

Freeform5spot refunded £120 of the £300 repair costs.

At least I got something back.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

How was that agreed (out of interest)?

Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘a idea………re classified scammers’ is closed to new replies.