Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • A house renovation if you're interested A fast/pro version… (maybe)
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

“Moved back in last night” 20 lengths of skirting and 17 sets or architrave somewhat hindering the stairs. Plasterers have fell a day short of target so not out till Monday. Joiner Tuesday who will get rest of skirts and archs on, Plumber today to fit remaining 4 rads, two of which will be on this mornings skim.
    Painter to start next Wednesday…..

jim25

Be careful fitting skirting and archs to fresh plaster. Make sure it’s all totally dry first.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Mines will be. Skirtings still not on after plastering in April 🙂

toemul
    Free Member

Plastering is the work of the gods.

bruneep

<removes wrightyson from approved STW contractor shortlist>

wrightyson
    Free Member

5 weeks on Monday since the initial hammer to wall. Full rewire, 7 rads replaced, with pipework now hidden apart from pop ups/projections to valves, fully replastered with insulated board to all external walls or 15mm dabbed to internals or over boarded, new woodwork thought including door linings, suicide cupboard door relocated out of main bedroom in to hallway to free up wall space, decorator to be finished by next weekend whilst I’m peddling in Wales with the tribe. It’s been an absolute shit storm but fun in parts. This hotel bed after a night out last night has never felt so comfortable though. Pics to follow.

matt_outandabout

newrobdob
    Free Member

Must be nice to be able to afford professionals in to do the work!

I’ve been at my house until midnight most nights and weekends, learnt how to do quite a lot myself, crazy hard work but saved a lot of money.

wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s not a case of affording professionals really. If I did it all myself which I could quite easily (some of it I have done on this project) it would just not get done in any reasonable time frame. A builders house is always the last to get done.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Stairs sorted.

wrightyson
    Free Member

1 bit of 6mm ply to go down, didn’t do it first time as I ran out but now today’s next job.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mrs ws next job, cleaning ant plaster off the oak. She currently doesn’t look e me anymore!

wrightyson
    Free Member

So 7 weeks in and carpets fitted today. Would be been a 5 week turn around if it wasn’t for sparks and carpet delays. Lounge a bit of a miss mash still as the TV stand is going but will do for now and the tree has been shoe horned in. Roll on the new year!

wrightyson
    Free Member

wrightyson
    Free Member

And apologies for the stove not being lit 😳

Murray

Amazing! Well done.

GEDA
    Free Member

So what’s the score with putting insulation on the internal side of an external wall? I just bought a house a the surveyor bought up the fact that some of the internal walls had insulation on them. He said that this is an issue as the wall no longer heats up so the dew point moves to the internal wall causing a damp problem. http://www.superhomes.org.uk/resources/interstitial-condensation-3/

wrightyson
    Free Member

9″ solid brickwork here. Cold outside therefore entire leaf becomes cold but warm air inside then condenses on cold plaster surface creating in my case a **** world of black mold and damp. Remove cold surface from inner face via insulation and fingers crossed no more damp plus a warmer property. I shall also be fitting a positive pressure thingy in the loft for belt and braces approach.

pigyn
    Free Member

Sounds like you just moved your dew point to the middle of the bricks :p

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Won’t positive pressure vent create problems if all the doors open inwardly?
    I saw this easlier in the week, apart from suspiciously low volumes and possible condensation problems within the unit, they look great.
    http://www.ventive.co.uk/products/ventive-s/

scaredypants

This hotel bed after a night out last night has never felt so comfortable though. Pics to follow.

😯
    Well come on then ! It’s nearly Christmas, after all

burko73

Dunno about covering up all the old floorboards and features with ply or plaster… all the old textures in our house including the multi layers of paint on old wooden architraves etc sort of add something to the house.

wrightyson
    Free Member

sort of add something to the house.

Lead poisoning when sanding 😆

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘A house renovation if you're interested A fast/pro version… (maybe)’ is closed to new replies.