Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • A house renovation if you're interested A fast/pro version… (maybe)
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So after unwisely deciding to race last weekend at fod the house renovation started Tuesday evening in earnest.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Saturday evening and here’s where we are at. 5 of 7 rads missing and capped off, managed to keep heating on two and hot water live. All plaster off bar kitchen which was done previously and main bathroom so we can at least stay clean. Whole house swept then hoovered and mopped reafy to do again tomorrow to hopefully kill the dust. I’ve never grafted this hard even at work. Mrs ws has been an utter legend!

wrightyson
    Free Member

wrightyson
    Free Member

wrightyson
    Free Member

wrightyson
    Free Member

Home for the next week…

hammyuk
    Free Member

Need to be careful posting pics of a dirty woman on her knees on here on a saturday.
    Remember what happened to the Kylie thread…..

wrightyson
    Free Member

Hairdrying before bed in the great outdoors

aP
    Free Member

I’m expecting to see that top image appearing in Building magazine’s Health &Safety picture of the week sometime soon.

matt_outandabout

Was all the plaster loose? Seems odd to take it *all* off…

jamj1974

Nice one but two cars on similar plank ‘arrangements’!

drlex
    Free Member

Where’s Nick Nowles?

Not seen a gas meter in a front room before, nor with a power socket so close.

Good luck and hope the weather isn’t too cold & wet!

wrightyson
    Free Member

All original 1920’s plaster bar the usual metre off downstairs for damp proof work. It was all pretty much shagged and hollow, and with a full rewire taking place the only walls that were left on were stud which will be over boarded. All externals will recieve a cellotex insulated board so hopefully a cost saving over time. Door frames had about 100 coats of paint on so they’re all out too. Sparks and joiner for one day Tuesday then plasterer starts wednesday. Thankfully the mil moves goes on holiday for two weeks Wednesday so we’re moving in there and tent life will be a distant memory….

andykirk
    Free Member

If you plaster all the walls I really will have to come down and shoot you…. The all brick fireplace wall looks fabulous, talk about character. Plaster is oh so boring and pretty much pointless in most situations. Oh and exposed brick walls never need repainted.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

If you plaster all the walls I really will have to come down and shoot you….

I’ll hold your jacket.

OP seeing as you’ve gone to the trouble of getting the plaster off, would you consider leaving some brick exposed?

senorj

Fair play.
    Have you had a beer yet? 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

So we filled a 9 yarder skip yesterday and topped it off with all the carpets etc this morning. Thought we’d also have a quick nip in the loft to help clear a “bit of stuff” out the way for the sparky coming Tuesday, sweet baby jeesus a whole two hours of back up and down the stairs and we’re off to the tip with transit van full of shit! So yes I’ve had a few well earned beers tonight and an hour in the hot tub. Well needed.

midlifecrashes

Don’t listen to the exposed brick hipsters, get it plastered, it’s not some sail loft or mill conversion. Good work fella, keep going.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Don’t listen to the exposed brick hipsters, get it plastered, it’s not some sail loft or mill conversion. Good work fella, keep going.

Second this. Bare brick is so wanna be cottage or 1980’s trendy.

andykirk
    Free Member

Exposed brick hipster? Oh dear. I’m an architect. Mind you I have been called worse. People never listen to us…

It is truly a sad day when exposing beautiful materials is called ‘hip’ or ‘trendy’.

wrightyson
    Free Member

So today sparks and joiner been in, all done great work until the last 10 mins when sparky tried to refire up the boiler. Oops it won’t work and in a house with no lights/power apart from a separate kitchen ring I didn’t have the heart to make them stay. Mrs ws not amused as she wanted a bath, daughter ws not amused as out with boyfriend tomorrow, master ws loving it as he hasn’t got to shower and me well I’m just off for a cold shower as I’ve been cleaning up their mess/dust for the last 90 mins….

tom200

Good effort, does look a bit like mission creep to be though! Hope you’re good at plastering.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Plasterers had 3 good days but unfortunately away now for three days. Given me a chance to get all frames fitted so all good to go Thursday when they get back…

wrightyson
    Free Member

wrightyson
    Free Member

wrightyson
    Free Member

bruneep

matt_outandabout

😆

hooli

Looking good, for some reason I can smell the dust and fresh plaster from looking at your pictures. I think it is forever in my memory after the trauma of doing our house 😉

Rubber_Buccaneer

My guess is that wrightyson is now living an uncomfortable existence with relatives, is pissed off with multiple tradesmen and is having occasional moments of wondering why he started this project 🙂

newrobdob
    Free Member

Looks pretty easy compared to my house – ahh the joys of Yorkshire black lime plaster…. 🙁

bruneep

Remember this is the FAST/PRO version. So none of thats going to happen… I was expecting pictures of Mrs W plumping up the soft furnishings by now

Rubber_Buccaneer

Remember this is the FAST/PRO version

I may not have LOL’d but I did smile when I first read that.

MoreCashThanDash

I’m waiting for him to finish this practice run so he can pop up the road and refurb my place!

midlifecrashes

Think he’s been waiting for extra labour?

bruneep

#prayforwrightyson

jam-bo
    wrightyson
    Free Member

My **** head hurts this morning! So three days left till the mother in law returns from holiday and we move back in. Best get cracking!!!

matt_outandabout

Skiving off for an anniversary? Not pro.

Mrs_oab gave birth to smallest_oab by emergecy c-section, I returned home from a day fitting the kitchen in our nearly renovated new house, ickle_oab squeaked out that night, I took two days off and returned back to it.

I don’t think I’ve ever been forgiven completely.

bruneep

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘A house renovation if you're interested A fast/pro version… (maybe)’ is closed to new replies.