Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • A homemade bike worthy of STW – Not enough spoons though
  • whatnobeer
    Free Member

Spotted this post of Reddit earlier this even. Great looking homemade bike with some nifty features like the rear brake placement. Not sure about the sliding dropouts though:

All started from this design:

I’ll not post the finished bike here as it’s nice to see the build process on the link below 🙂

Full post:

Wife’s Time Trial Bike

atlaz
    Free Member

It’s hideous but quite impressive. Not sure why you’d build a TT bike that’s not UCI legal tho. Or do triathlons not need to have a UCI legal bike?

creagbhan

Wish I had a shed like that 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whatnobeer
    Free Member

Not sure bikes had to be approved by the UCI in 2009? I thought it was a pretty decent looking thing, especially in the matt black paint before he finished it off.

oxym0r0n

Wish I had a wife like that

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Respect.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’d marry him.

benji
    Free Member

Impressive, nice bunch of toys to help create it.

Speeder

I’m impressed though that head tube machining is horrible.

richen987
    Free Member

thats awesome and really good effort, only thing better would have been to do the forks in the same way.
    still from scratch that’s pretty impressive.

cookeaa

I saw the first bit with the milled head tube and thought it was going to be a home brew carbon job with all that machining to help bonding, but its a welded TT frame with body filler used to blend the weld surfaces and make it look like a composite aero frame, why didn’t he make a plug and laminate a frame, it would have been quicker and neater…

tthew

First crack at a homemade bike, that’s bloody impressive. Hope he got a decent job in the bike industry on the back of that, (if that was his aim)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Like that a lot. Wonder what he’s done since?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Excellent work there – nice job.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

What a show off. I’m jealous.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘A homemade bike worthy of STW – Not enough spoons though’ is closed to new replies.