Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • A great day of fun on the Qs(pics).
  • knottie8
    Free Member

Lovely up there today . Trails are riding superb. We lost one of our group early on to excessive puncture syndrome , nearly lost John when Charlie took an unexpected left turn. Andy fell off again but only I witnessed it. Once again we ate at the Combe hotel ,sat out in the sun,classic day. Oh and we did get grassed up to the cops by some red socks ! Riding too fast so they said(as if). Comments ?

click the above pic for more pics.

its not just about the riding and yes I did notice that finger ,Sharki !

Was that you climbing up from Bicknoller Combe?

sharki
    Free Member

Ha ha, it's called etiquette knottie…

Shame me Charlie and Jonny parked at a different CP so left the scene of the crime….oh how we laffed at Andy's answer phone message!

Anyway we all witnessed that they failed to pick up their dog shite and as for him trying to put his walking stick through my spokes…..i'll have him up for attempted assault!

Which fuzz did you speak too, i've got both the lady coppers numbers and will be contacting them in defence of mine and charlies aggressive breaking..FFS it was into a head wind, that wasn't fast…

No dave wouldn't catch me climbing and we didn't go that way.

saladdodger
    Free Member

It was qite amusing the CSO who collered us was a lot surprised thinking he would be dealing with some young scrotes and instead he got 2 duffers 😆 :lol:.
    Apparantly Knottie said that when I did my emergancy stop because they were blocking the trail, I could only use my rear brake all 4 old gits dissapeared in a cloud of dust "hope mini front brake failed as they do" 🙄
    Anyway too tired now need my evening kip

Loads of bikes up there today. Conditions perfect.

Left Dorset at 0630, started riding at 0815. Did Somerton, Weacombe, Smiths, Durborough Farm, Chimney, and Holford Combe. Brilliant day out.

Dead Womans Ditch into Holford combe.

Wilmot's Pool

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

£4.50 for a cafetiere coffee. Are they mad? What does it come in, your own solid gold cup to take home? In fact all the other prices are banannas also!

sharki
    Free Member

It's a 4 star hotel and we were thirsty hungry….that why i've a singlespeed, all those cream teas are breaking me.

knottie8
    Free Member

we did ride to the grub wagon but it wasnt there ! Arrrgggg its only money after all.

southernsteel
    Free Member

Bloody hell. I was really looking forward to this ride aswell. You'll never guess, well actually you might, when I left you guys I got yet another pinch flat. Weird seeing as I only got one last week at the same pressures. Anyway- out of spare tubes and patches I was left with a pleasant walk back across the hills to my car. Hopefully I'll get another chance to ride with you before I go back oop north.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Don't you ever get bored of the Quantocks??? 😉

knottie8
    Free Member

"Don't you ever get bored of the Quantocks???"

sometimes I think I do so I ride elsewhere but then I realise the Qs are great and on my doorstep. They are a mind blowing set of hills .

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I only say that as I love the Qs as well just a shame they're not on my doorstep!

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Really need to get down from Bristol sometime if someone would be so good as to show an old duffer around?

Cheers,

Dr. Matt…

knottie8
    Free Member

An old duffer ! You will fit right in with us then… yes will show you around just needs dates etc. got to go as Im off up there in 30 mins showing some beginners around. pics later.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Anyone for a ride there tomorrow mid morning?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘A great day of fun on the Qs(pics).’ is closed to new replies.