Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • a good reliable computer mouse?
  • jamiesilo
    Free Member

i just want a mouse that works!
    and keeps going.
    perhaps moon on a stick?

have had a trust and and hp, battery and wired. they all get rubbish very quickly.
    what is the answer?

legend
    Free Member

what is the answer?

Whatever you’re doing to them, stop that.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Even the cheap ones are pretty bulletproof these days…

Get a logitech something or other and a £2 mouse mat and it should work for the life of the PC. (batteries notwithstanding).

sbob
    Free Member

Cheapo Logitech (<£20 wireless keyboard and mouse) here, no complaints.
    Owned for about 20 months.

Jamie
    Free Member
    jamiesilo
    Free Member

aye microsof tmice have a good rep right?

fifeandy
    Free Member

i just want a mouse that works!
    and keeps going.
    perhaps moon on a stick?

Go to a shop, pick a mouse off the shelf, they all meet your requirements.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

does a mat make all the difference? i thought an optical one on wood with grain should be fine, maybe not

jamiesilo
    Free Member

maybe mine are just all old. i’ll go get a new one, thanks

Coyote
    Free Member

Another vote for the Logitech keyboard and mouse. Dirt cheap and feel good.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Cheapo Logitech (<£20 wireless keyboard and mouse) here, no complaints.
    Owned for about 20 months.

yup, maybe a bit less time but regular use and still to replace a battery.

timber

Not a Bluetooth one, we did to avoid having a dongle in the computer – it’s utter cack. Forever disconnecting.

Just got the same thing but with the wireless dongle connection because we liked the shape and wheel movements. Logitech M535 or something, as long as it’s not the Bluetooth version.

fifeandy
    Free Member

does a mat make all the difference? i thought an optical one on wood with grain should be fine, maybe not

Optical feedback aside, a decent mat will be designed for the mouse to glide smoothly too.

Caher

I’ve got as TeckNet – good combination of reliability and ergonomics.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yes, optical ones are supposed to work on most surfaces, but they just don’t. High gloss surfaces are the worst.

smokey_jo

Been using one of these for the last 3 months only charged it twice and used daily.
    The ones which work off a wireless dongle need charging more frequently.

finishthat
    Free Member

logitech MX – I have a Revolution – 8 years on my desk at work – rechargeable – it still last 2 weeks between charges – I think it cost £90 ,
    around £10 a year. They list one with a 3 year battery – Marathon mouse.

leffeboy

Any Microsoft one except Bluetooth which are indeed cack. Optical don’t like glossy surfaces but otherwise are great on anything

sbob
    Free Member

Optical don’t like glossy surfaces but otherwise are great on anything

Mine doesn’t work well on the dog.

z1ppy

I’ve never seen any point in using anything but MS intellimouse, but they seem to be unavailable new, and MS don’t seem to have an alternative. So I can’t really add much to the the thread.. sorry

stumpy01

I bought an Anker vertical mouse after getting a really sore wrist using a ‘normal’ mouse.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Vertical-Ergonomic-Optical-1600DPI/dp/B00BIFNTMC

Night and day difference in comfort for me. Takes about 2 mins to get used to the orientation & have been using it for a couple of years now, trouble free.

It’s a bit bulky if you need something to go in a laptop bag, but otherwise it’s great.

CraigW
    Free Member

Logitech M500, corded. Working fine so far anyway. I think the side buttons are very useful for backward/forward. Works fine on my wooden desk.

I did have a cheaper Logitech mouse, but the buttons were wearing out after a year or two.

unovolo
    Free Member

Using a Microsoft wireless optical one now on a rough wood grained table and it works fine, have also used the same one on the arm of the sofa with no issues.

Uses 1 AA battery which lasts ages.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Wireless keyboard & combos I’ve had a few and end up having to throw the lot because the mouse or keyboard wears out and no replacement. And that’s Logitech!

Wireless mice generally I find are a faff. Needs a charger or constant supply of rechargeable batteries. The former, the batteries eventually die. Sometimes loses sync with receiver. Wireless keyboard is often AA/AAA batteries, and again a faff when they die and no spares or ready charged ones to go.

I’ve gone back to plain wired and dead cheap.

Dell wired optical mouse was good for few years but the left button randomly stopped working.

Now got a Logitech B100 mouse for £6. Got one for the office also as the mouse there was shitty. Does the job perfectly and the wheel is nice, simple and spins freely.

mattyfez

I’ve had a logitech mx518 for longer than I can remember, they don’t make them any more, I honestly don’t know what I’ll do if it ever breaks.

My advice aside from look and feel which is personal, is spend a little bit more on a decent quality Microsoft, logitech, steel series or razer.

I prefer wired mice as there’s no faff with charging and no input lag which is essential for fast paced shooting games.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘a good reliable computer mouse?’ is closed to new replies.