Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • A good pair of long Waterproof cycling trousers? Not walking trousers!!!
  • chalky46
    Free Member

I’m really struggling to find a proper pair of waterproof cycling trousers. I did have a pair of gore trail which were great but 2 holes appeared one on each buttock and thankfully wiggle refunded me. I’ve just returned a pair of altura night vision from wiggle because they have a silly zip pocket on the right-hand side and the first time I needed them it was heavy rain and they leaked through zip pocket.
    I’m also nearly 6ft 4 so they need to be long. I wear gore city overshoes underneath which help due to most trousers being for short arses. I commute every day 20 mile round trip. There must be something out there?

chalky46
    Free Member

?

scotroutes

Have a look at the Endura Gridlock II trousers. They have a cuff which can be extended to provide extra leg length.

swanny853

I’ve been using some from Mavic this winter- quite lightweight but seem reasonably hardwearing so far. Fit is nice.

DavidB
    Free Member

I’ve got my eye on MT500s as I rate the shorts

damascus
    Free Member

What are your needs?

Gortex waterproof I’m out riding all day or half hours commute waterproof?

Breathable?

Lightweight and packable or bombproof indestructible?

DickBarton

I have some Craft Active Bike trousers – utterly brilliant and lasted very well (about 6 years now) – I’ve just reproofed them as I had to get the seat of them restitched after a dodgy dismount.

Thing is, I don’t think they are made any longer as I tried to get the price of a new pair to compare a potential repair cost to replacement – turned out the repair cost me a grand total of £6!

chalky46
    Free Member

I need them to be packable to take to work. Longggg leg. No pockets what’s the point! Tapered at the bottom. Proper cycling trousers.

Dickbarton can you send a link for craft trouser. I like craft products.

imn

Showers Pass might have something for you. The Skylines have softshell sections so aren’t totally waterproof, otherwise there’s the Refuge.
    I use Skylines occasionally for road commute and find them good.

BadlyWiredDog

VauDe does some okay cycling-specific overtrousers with a properly cinchable lower leg and reinforced seat. Fine on the road, would get destroyed on a mountain bike I think.

Erm, these things – there are a few versions of them.

My experience, off road in the Peak, is that grit between saddle and seat of the trousers tends to wear holes in them whatever happens, but I guess that may not be an issue in less abrasive areas.

Also reinforced seat regions don’t always sit in the right place when you’re actually riding the bike as trousers tend to slide down slightly etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘A good pair of long Waterproof cycling trousers? Not walking trousers!!!’ is closed to new replies.