Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 183 total)
  • A good old fashioned shed building thread (picture heavy)
  • eulach

Awsomes.

muddyground
    Free Member

Kayak23 – you could always just saw through the nails and dismantle them that way, instead of trying to rip them apart?

kayak23

Things have moved on a small amount down by the river but progress is slow due to other commitments. It’s looking very Autumnal down there now.

Been making a couple of screens to fill the apex of the roof. Used two old galvanised buckets, mounted into a panel with a sort of a starburst effect made using constructional veneer. A hole cut in the bucket bottoms takes the Pyrex bowls which are then siliconed in.

The outside of it now sorta puts me in mind of the Third Eye… 😀

One of the two panels being made up.

Gluing the Pyrex bowl into place, weighted in.

The panel fitted into the rear of the shed (excuse the mess…)

Third eye

I was watching George Clarke’s show the other night and saw that another couple had used washing machine doors for their shed on a trailer, but mounted the opposite way to mine.

Hereford Times article

Wish my folks had a farm, might be doing the same!
    😀

andyl
    Free Member

I was going to say you could flip the doors as they might capture more light if fitted the other way round.

Fantastic sheds and really love that floor on new one. So easy to do but looks amazing.

penster
    Free Member

Impressive sheds here. I wish I had the skills.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

This thread needs moving over to the Chat side.

Fantastic conclusion to the allotment shed Kayak. Loving the construction of the Riverside shed. Keep the pictures coming.

kayak23

Happy Christmas from the river. Catching a cheeky few hours on Christmas day to build a bench around the deck. Got the fire on inside, only its second burn…. 🙂
    Pretty special…

Door handle

Coloured glass mosaic window panels

Bregante

Brilliant again, what a lovely spot. I especially like the door handle.

Merry Christmas.

kayak23

Early fat watering mission at the allotment.

Blummin love these mornings!

matt_outandabout

Great shed!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Have the TV guys been to film yet?

kayak23

No, not yet. Getting a bit nervous 😕

roundwheels
    Free Member

Nice

jam-bo

Studio I’m building for my Mrs is coming on. She’s started referring to it as her lady cave….

Windows and doors in

Cladding starting to go on.

Got a couple of days of this weekend so should get the outside finished hopefully.

AlexSimon

Missed a bit of this.
    Have added to favourites, so I don’t miss any more.
    Good luck with the telly people!

kayak23

Hey STWerists.

I made the shed finalists in my category!

Public voting is now open for Shed of the Year individual categories. There are four sheds per category.

For some reason though my shed is in the ‘Cabin/Summerhouse’ category. Weird for an allotment shed but there you go.

I’d really appreciate it if you (and every person you know!) Could take the time to have a look over the sheds and pick your favorite, and hey, if your favorite is my shed, ‘The Shed of Dreams’, then all the better! 😉

I’d really appreciate the support from you good folks for the hard work I’ve been putting into this shed dream.

Follow the below link to vote.
    Thanks.

Clicky linky

AlexSimon

Sure thing – well done!
    oh – that Boatcrash is nice though 😉

kayak23

Yeah I know. The other one is pretty awesome too!

To be quite honest, [pessimistic side]I think they have got me beat but then I suppose they have the luxury of owning their own homes and gardens, where as I had to fit in with the regulations on an allotment! 😀 [/pessimistic side]

Still, nice to be in the finalists anyway.

Cheers folks 🙂

kayak23

Some scrotes tried to jemmy open my shed last night. 😥

Mad thing was, I saw them running off.
    It was 3.25am and I heard a loud metallic clang/crack. Looked out the window (girlfriend lives in a tiny road that has gates to the allotments at the end of it, my shed is visible from the gates) and I saw two blokes hoofing over the 8 foot fence/gate, peg it up the road and get into a car and drive off with the lights off. I was speechless to be honest… Tried to shine a torch at them but the one on my phone didn’t work for some reason.

I went into the allotments right after and all looked ok. It was only when I came down this evening that I saw damage to my door.

Are soles 👿

Me being paranoid but wondering if this shed of the year thing has made me more of a target.

Thing is, there’s really nowt worth taking in the shed. It’s all from the tip shop! 😐

I need to set up some Home Alone style man traps!

scaled
    Free Member

Bastards! Goodness only knows what they were looking for, maybe to nick the stove?

kayak23

Maybe looking for mowers etc. The allotments have break ins now and then. The paranoid in me wonders why seemingly only my shed was targeted. Too pimped? 😳

They did get inside it seems, originally I’d thought they hadn’t. Ironically, they stole my crowbar… 🙄

The drawers in my cabinet were all a bit open (I’d never leave drawers a bit open!)
    Strange though how the door was shut again on their way out, almost like they used a crowbar to re-shut it… Weird. :-/

Scrotes 👿

By the way good stw sheddists. Voting for category finalists ends tomorrow, Wednesday. I’d really appreciate a vote if you have a mo.
    Cheers all.

Cabin/Summerhouse category vote

bearnecessities

Voted 🙂 Allotment shed break-ins are pretty common sadly; dunno why they bother as nobody leaves any stihl strimmers in them!

senorj

Voted.
    looks lovely btw.

mogrim

Voted! Missed this thread the first (and second and third) time round, great stuff. Very impressive!

yunki
    Free Member

you’re an inspiration..

I love the creativity and style

kayak23

Thanks folks. Very kind 🙂

righog
    Free Member

Voted 🙂

Great stuff BTW

kayak23

Had a great, but mega long day yesterday with The Shed of the Year film crew (started 11am, left about 8.30).

I was pretty nervous and found it difficult to appear natural but think I stumbled through it ok.

The film crew were an awesome bunch, so friendly and funny and made the day much easier for me.

Thanks for anyone that voted for me. It’s closed now but they say they’ve had record voting figures this year.

I can relax a little bit now…. 🙂

maxray
    Free Member

Dam, missed the chance to vote. A splendid shed, will keep yours in mind as I am battling with my own at the moment.

Liking your cable reel chair too. I made one into a coffee table using a lazy susan bearing so it could spin around 🙂

kayak23

Phew!!!

Been and done the filming today for Shed of the Year, down in Maidenhead.

Really great day, meeting some amazing characters. I have a new found respect for people who work in television though as that was really looooooong doing several takes and angles of EVERYTHING.

Hanging out with the two driveable sheds.

Will Hardie, the crazy party shed mental outfit guy, and George Clarke

Met Walter from Aviemore who won last year. Lovely bloke and we talked about Mcmoonter….

Fantastic day anyway. Knackered now. Thanks again to all of you who voted and no doubt I’ll be spamming the forum again come July when the show is aired and I can cringe deeply at myself on tv… 😳

AlexSimon

Did you win?

kayak23

We all had to sign a confidentiality agreement so I’m not at liberty to say at this point.

It’s been hard ignoring the questioning of my family and all the students I teach!

It’ll be on telly in July though.

matt_outandabout

8)

bearnecessities

Well done chap, please bump when programme’s on!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Met Walter from Aviemore who won last year. Lovely bloke and we talked about Mcmoonter….

Walter is an amazing guy with boundless enthusiasm. We had an open day here a few weeks back as part of the Shelter exhibition and the Thousand Huts Campaign at the local museum. We have some architects coming in a week or so too.

Kayak, the filming process is a marathon, but when it’s all edited together it’s wonderful what they create. I suffered from the Deer in the headlights/trying to look natural conflict too. Meeting the other shed builders was a highlight.

Good luck with the vote. I can see you doing many comissioned sheds in the future.

jamj1974

Best of luck. 3 really nice completed sheds on here. Love the imagination and obvious skill that’s gone into your builds. Really excellent stuff!

kayak23

4 episodes starting from then. I think mine’s going to be in the last one so Friday 19th August I reckon.
    🙂

oink1
    Free Member

In the diary! Props to you sir, that is one amazing space! Question – Home or shed? 😆

kayak23

Shome?
    😀

kayak23

Shed of the Year, this evening, Channel 4, 8pm.

I made the Radio Times last week alongside Britain’s Favourite Dogs! 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 183 total)

The topic ‘A good old fashioned shed building thread (picture heavy)’ is closed to new replies.