Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • A good grip, no more than 3 shakes and no longer than 3 seconds…..
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

… brought a few thoughts to mind but, apparently, that's the perfect handshake 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I could never manage 3 shakes in 3 seconds. McDonalds make them far too thick.

grahamt1980

More than 3 shakes is a **** though

theflatboy
    Free Member

hey, marsden man – i've got a marsden-based question for you. i was riding round past shooters nab the other day, and back down past the reservoirs into marsden. near the bottom reservoir – across from where the track comes out onto the road – there looked to be a massively long, straight flight of steps. do you know if that is correct, and if so if one can ride them, if so inclined?

theflatboy
    Free Member

starting exactly on the "h" of Netherly, on this:

rkk01
    Free Member

Long enough and hard enough to see their pupils narrow – how else do you know you've made an impession ??

MrNutt
    Free Member

thumb between the middle knuckles 😉

GrahamS

A good grip, no more than 3
    shakes and no longer than 3
    seconds….

.. says new advice on dealing with crying babies…

marsdenman
    Free Member

@ the flat boy – know exactly where you mean – I ride up / down that valley on a regular basis (pretty much out the back door!!)
    Steps you refer to would, i'm sure, be rideable, if you're that way inclined.
    Long time since i've been down them but IIRC, there's not much, if any, run-out at the bottom…
    Best best IMO, for Steptastic fun would be the other side of the res – see where it says Weirs on your map – shows an FP forking left – that's another set 😀 'Bout 110 steps in total – 80% of it is at the incline you see from the top, bottom end steepens up some then runs out into a car-park area.

You weren't one of the 3 riders i saw the other day were you, 1 inbred, 2 full bouncers?

theflatboy
    Free Member

nice one, good info! i'm out round the loop again tonight so i'll try to check out both sets, sound very interesting!

i was out on the loop last thu eve and on saturday early afternoon, not riding with anyone on an inbred either time though.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Have fun – steps ain't for me – though I have thought more than once about making STW massive aware of them – and the potential for a head to head race 😈
    Take it your're local then?

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

I've ridden the ones on the opposite side and they weren't very good, easy to ride but far too long so by the time you're half way down you are bored and thinking this is like coming down on a jackhammer. Better to hoist over the wall/gate and ride down the grass banking or the overflow if its dry!

bullheart
    Free Member

1 inbred, 2 full bouncers

Sounds like a Kirklees swingers party to me.

By the way, I owe you fella. Thanks for your ridiculous generosity, and love to the missus.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i'm not local – working in leeds for 3 weeks (1.5 to go) and staying with other half's parents in slaithwaite. we've talked on here before about pennine x photos and other bits and pieces i think. i missed the pennine x the other week so am probably going to do the route on saturday to make up for it. 🙂

i'll take the little camera tonight if we do go to the steps, get some illustrations on here to go with the map!

marsdenman
    Free Member

@petesgaff – a Marsden swingers party mate – local action for local people 😉
    BTW – you owe me nothing (well, maybe's a couple of pints when we next meet 😉 ) – keep up the fight and have a good run on the JOGLE – hope to have the chance to meet you en-route but, we'll see.

theflatboy – yep, gotta see pictures if you do ride them – i'd come over to say Hi and take shots for you but Thursday's is a regular night out for me (not riding…) so I'm not around (not until 9'ish anyways) – i'll drive by – see if you're still playing.
    Hope you've made the most of the drinking available in Slaithwaite / Marsden 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

well he had a very good ride last night – great fun being out on the hills in the ridiculous wind and rain, all good. checked out the steps when we got there and rode the near set (the weirs set) which were definitely interesting. as MM mentions, there's a very long flight which steepens dramatically for the last 1/4.

i rode the lot, trying fast and slow but the steps are pretty large so neither was much fun! the last flight was ridiculously slippery as well – about half way down i realised i couldn't really slow down so had a good look to the bottom to work out how like i was to stack it when i got there. 😆

interesting but probably won't bother doing it again and wouldn't really recommend it!

got some pics but only from the top and bottom, no action shots. can't upload til i get back home next weekend as no computer with the right card slot, but i'll get them on here then.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘A good grip, no more than 3 shakes and no longer than 3 seconds…..’ is closed to new replies.