Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • a good grilling (maybe PSA?)
  • wukfit
    Free Member

collecting a bargain george foreman on my way home from work
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/george-foreman-19570-family-grill/280-0919.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=280-0919
    (other models also on offer)
    and am undecided on what to buy for dinner?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Chicken fillets, Nandos Spice sachets, loads of salad and Piri Piri chip salt

bearnecessities

That is a bargain; I love mine. Wish they did a variable temp model though.

wukfit
    Free Member

kep it simple and went for steak & chips with peppercorn sauce,
    will try chicken tonight,
    grill works great

Jamie
    Free Member

That is a bargain; I love mine. Wish they did a variable temp model though.

I just ordered this one, as it has variable temp. Ordered via Flubit and got it for £30.72.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Top tip – flat plate george foremans are great for eggs and pancakes without ruining them with oil

Steak should never be cooked on a george foreman its rank – its like its been microwaved

maccruiskeen

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWbdMRb4buY[/video]

_tom_
    Free Member

They’re awesome for chicken and burgers.

Drac

Have one of those but never use it as all the flavour drains out of the food into the tray.

Jamie
    Free Member

Have one of those but never use it as all the flavour drains out of the food into the tray.

That’s why you pour the tray into a mug, and shotgun it after eating the meat…

bearnecessities

Ah, excellent, thanks Jamie. I’ll be having one of them and probably never use* the oven again 😀

*clean

user-removed
    Free Member

We have one which is only ever used for Mrs Removed’s veggie sausages. It is a complete and utter barsteward to clean and as Drac says, it sooks all the best bits out leaving dry, leathery meat 🙁

That’s why you pour the tray into a mug, and shotgun it after eating the meat…

Boak!

Bazz

My George Foreman has become nothing but a glorified sandwich toaster, which it does very well i hasten to add, but for cooking meat etc. the traditional methods are still the best, hence why they’ve stood the test of time i guess.

Jamie
    Free Member

Fascinating Foreman Grill fact. Originally, the endorsement was offered to Hulk Hogan, but he missed the phone call from his agent. The grill manufacturers then offered it to George Foreman, and the rest is cheese toastie based history.

Sauce.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Oh and oil the food …not the grill

maccruiskeen

Fascinating Foreman Grill fact. Originally, the endorsement was offered to Hulk Hogan, but he missed the phone call from his agent. The grill manufacturers then offered it to George Foreman, and the rest is cheese toastie based history.

Makes you wonder who was next on the list 🙂

The Dog the Bounty Hunter Grill maybe

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘a good grilling (maybe PSA?)’ is closed to new replies.