Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • A Good Drivers thread for a change
  • LadyGresley
    Free Member

Name and praise them! I had a Farmfoods lorry behind me for possibly getting on for nearly a mile yesterday – he stayed well back and only overtook eventually when he had lots of space and time.
    There are some considerate people out there 😀

40mpg

Were you in tight fitting lycra 😉

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Ah, yes, he would have been scared of how big a dent I’d have made in his lorry 😳

manvstarmac

Great to hear. Drop them an email LG.

They’ll be chuffed and if you describe when and where they will know which driver and surely mention it to them. In turn I hope this will encourage other drivers to respect cyclists.

stumpy01

I had a bloke from AIM Logistics follow me at a decent distance also for about a mile as there wasn’t really anywhere for him to get past.
    We ended up in an industrial estate and I thought he was going to turn off into one of the units. But he didn’t. Continued to follow me through and eventually once i realised he was turning in my direction at the far end of the industrial estate, I pulled into a layby and waved him through.

I left a note on their facebook page asking someone to thank the driver for me.

Went out on the road yesterday evening for 21 miles and it was lovely. Quiet roads and those who did come past were very considerate.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I did email the company yesterday and had a reply saying how pleased they were to hear a compliment and they would pass the comments on to the relevant driver. We really should take more time to praise when it’s earnt.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘A Good Drivers thread for a change’ is closed to new replies.