Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 192 total)
  • A gentle ride from Land's End (Warning: me me me content)
  • druidh
    Free Member

Heh – I knew that was the right way to go. Still dead jealous!

btw – I posted my LEJOG entry today. What can I say – you inspired me!

emsz
    Free Member

Yeti = Awesome 8)

Always wanted to do that

mustard
    Free Member

TSY – touring gets a bit addictive eh? You made me want to pack my bike and hit the road too so I’ve decided to take a couple of weeks and zig-zag my way back up the country from SSUK in September, if I’m really lucky I’ll get weather as good as you did – except for the ‘Welcome to Scotland’ rain you had with us 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Druidh – I may well plan a ridiculous 230+K epic to see you come buy then 🙂 You’ll love it no doubt about it and if the route allows stay off the A roads and look around 🙂 Oh, and stop for cake, obviously 😉

Mustard, it totally does! As does riding silly distances in the dark by the sounds of things! I have a feeling that alot of my weekends are going to involve getting trains to random places just to ride back from now on. I’ve also started to plant seeds in DirtyG’s mind about an off road LEJOG???

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Well done for completing a fair few days of hard graft. I dont think I saw you whilst out on my bike, did you go through the Lake District?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Brushed the outside of the Lakes… bit gutted as we had intended on adventuring a bit further in. Had to leave the dry stone wall unfinished and the stones I brought up from the Cotswolds at the top of Shap, can you sort it out please DT?

Emsz.. almost the end of May you know… you can ride LEJOG for your early midlife crisis instead if you want?

emsz
    Free Member

The chances of me doing LEJOG are about the same as you getting to have your wicked way with me 😆

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’ll leave no stone unturned

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I hope you stayed off the puffs while you were doing it 😉

Hohum
    Free Member

Very well done on completing it 🙂

deadlydarcy – Member
    I hope you stayed off the puffs while you were doing it

You are still off the puffs? Yes?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You are still off the puffs? Yes?

Qui? Moi?

I am 🙂

(I did have a weekend in Amsterdam where I sort of had no choice 😳 but only twice :mrgreen: )

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ha, course I’m still off the ciggies!

I was tempted when I got back to London this morning to find an empty space where I’d left my car, but not that tempted 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was tempted when I got back to London this morning to find an empty space where I’d left my car, but not that tempted

😯

Eh? Nicked? 🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It would’ve been less costly if it had!

Incorrectly displayed permit, or something… grovelling letter to Wandsworth Council is in the post *insert praying smiley*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

grovelling letter to Wandsworth Council

I had a parking ticket issue with them (to do with permits given to me by a flipping client). I lost big style. I’m not going to go into how much it cost me in the end. Bailiffs were involved. That was when I was smoking. Went through a whole pouch for that one. Unlucky. Good luck getting it fixed – plenty of help on the net.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I lauren licker.

Darcy as it stands I could’ve bought a bike in LE and chucked it in the sea at JOG and still had money left for a flight home 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh **** 😐

Sorry, didn’t mean to sound pessimistic – they were bastards to me though – an innocent West Country bumpkin.

Might be worth trying here…I hear (anecdotally) that they normally find in favour of the the car person if it’s innocent.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cheers Darcy, had to pay to get my car back 🙁

They sounded like I’d stand a good chance on appeal. At least it can’t get worse from here 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

well done dude, once my fractured shoulder is mended can we play in the woods again?

(check yo facebook as i tagged you in a note explaining it all innit)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

phillibiter!

Where have YOU been? x

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Druidh – I may well plan a ridiculous 230+K epic to see you come buy then

It’ll have to take you 18hours, involve lots of sunshine and adventures in the dark to match our trip with you 🙂

I’ve also started to plant seeds in DirtyG’s mind about an off road LEJOG???

Ah go on then, i love a good challenge. I’ve bigger and better plans than that though. You’ll have to keep a secret stash of chocolate for when i say “i’m tired” like mustard did on saturday night/sunday morning *will be forever grateful for that bar* And also the 1am ish binge on the forth road bridge of dollymixtures 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Bigger and better…. ❓

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Of course bigger and better. Its my idea innit so therefore better 😛 Your wee off road lejog will do as a warm up 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

well done chapeau

molgrips
    Free Member

Bigger and better?

Tour Divide 2012 – see you there?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Molgrips – I’m not sure I’d want to race it… America has huge touring potentital though… West Coast Highway? Route 66?

iDave
    Free Member

I’d like to ride to Essaouira in Morocco and then just have a paddle in the sea and smoke ‘stuff’

philconsequence
    Free Member

iDarcyReply…. reading but not commenting, mum diagnosed with cancer then I fractured my shoulder last thursday (has meant no riding at exactly the same time mrsconsequence develops super motivation and has been out every other day blasting out the off road miles) 🙁 Been feeling too depressed and sorry for myself to contribute without being a miserable sod. Went and soaked my belly in nandos sauce last night so my mood’s improved and I’m ready to get back on the beat (stw.. not my bike unfortunately)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Good to have you back then Phil! Did you have someone to lick the nando’s off of your belly?

As I commented on facebook you’re taking the proper route into mountain biking. Smash yourself up early on and spend your period of convalesence building up (on paper if not in real life) your perfect bike.

In the meantime…

iDave
    Free Member

yeti, have you seen the email with my little ‘bigger and better’ idea?

phil, as you are aware I am unable to post lol cats

However in recognition of your recent travails, please enjoy this wall.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

bigger and better…

*goes off to hotmail*

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Is this going to turn into a thread where we all claim to have bigger and better ideas and then fight to the death to complete them? *is so there already* 😆

Oh, and where is Jamie? Missing in action on his road bike again?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

DirtyG… we’ve got to make it through June and July first…

🙂

iDave, that sounds completely epic! Logistically very complicated but would make one hell of a trip. Love the no training aspect!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Heh, thats true. June will be fine, I’m a little worried about July, thuogh i have a hankering to make it to 30,000ft. Oh, would it still count if we rock climbed the remaining 6,000ft? 8)

*feels left out and unloved as i have no email about bigger and better challenges in my inbox* 😥

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ll e-mail you… it will be bigger and better… 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I also have no mails about bigger or better things.

Molgrips – I’m not sure I’d want to race it

You don’t really. It’s just a tour with a mass start and some sort of recognition. I would consider doing it for the hell of it if I had company.

There’s also an Appalachian trail and one running East-West across the North of the country. Which link up to make one MASSIVE route. Then you could polish that off with the RAAM route to get back where you started.

iDave
    Free Member

TSY, I’ve started a chat with some guys who can do the logistics/support

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

*resists making smutty comment about it being bigger and lowering the tone of the thread*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fat masseur (Turkish massage a speciality) availble for “big and better” 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Do you do Thai massage?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 192 total)

The topic ‘A gentle ride from Land's End (Warning: me me me content)’ is closed to new replies.