Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • A funny (well I laughed after) story with a moral ending
  • bozboy0
    Free Member

My wife decided she was off for a game of tennis with our daughter and her sister. Nice, a couple of hours nag free.
    Anyway she came back an hour later hobbling through the door, after pulling her calf muscle (old age you see. Absolutely no sympathy from me or the kids coz when were not well, were just shamming. Anyway she asked me to get the car coz she got a lift back with her sister.
    No worries only 10 minutes away, I’ll get the bike out and stick it in the boot.
    I cycled up there, and noticed a bit of a short cut through a bit of a wood, maybe 50 yards shorter than following the paved path around (so nothing spectacular. Nice and relaxed, followed this leafy path, and not gone more than 15 yards, the front wheel drops into this hole covered with leaves (SHIT). Before I know it, I’m floating through the air for what felt like minutes, after trying unsuccessfully to stay aboard the bike. I came down like the Clydesdale I am, into a nice soft leafy bed of leaves staring 6″ inch away from a F%$*^%$ great tree trunk. I stood up shook myself down and thought (What have I done to my bike. I could have 2 broken arms but my first thoughts were for my bike (funny that, coz every one I talk to always says the first thing I checked was my bike, when they prang it).
    Anyway no damage done done apart from my pride and stem knocked to one side, easily sorted.
    Whats the issue you might think, most of you have probably taken bigger hits and falls than this at some time.

The issue is I didn’t put my helmet on, only being a quick 10 minute ride, and taking for granted a short cut across what looked like a well used and defined track. WELL THIS PLONKER NOW KNOWS DIFFERENT. For the sake of 1/2 a foot I could have had my brains helping to compost a 60ft tree. S the next time your wife plays tennis make sure you wear your helmet. 😐
    Thought for my little day anyway.

Pook

:oD

made me smile

(once I’d worked my way through the (at times (and at times i mean once or twice) useful) brackets)

I wear a helmet when I go down stairs.

druidh
    Free Member

I’m polishing my helmet right now.

enfht
    Free Member

funny that, coz every one I talk to always says the first thing I checked was my bike, when they prang it

I automatically look around in case anyone saw me fall off 😉

avdave2

Clunk click every trip!

phiiiiil

I thought you were going to say you had pulled your calf muscle so couldn’t drive the car back…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘A funny (well I laughed after) story with a moral ending’ is closed to new replies.