Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • A full armoury of hideous bike clothing
  • lunge

Walking into the office this morning after my commute and had a brief moment of clarity about what I was wearing and how far away it was from “normal” clothes.

The list was cotton cap (odd), bright coloured glasses with clear lenses (odd), jersey (least odd item of the lot), gillet (odd), arm warmers (odd), fingerless gloves (odd), bib shorts (odd), knee warmers (odd), silver shoes (odd) and toe warmers (odd).

Obviously this will not stop me wearing the ensemble again, I think I look great, but really, there are some very odd clothing that we (OK, I when riding on the road) wear.

aP
    Free Member

I agree with

bright coloured glasses with clear lenses (odd)

Not convinced about the rest.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

toe warmers (odd).

Agree, very odd. I much prefer buying over priced socks and then cutting holes in them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mtbel
    Free Member

disappointed there’s no mention of “lunging” in front of co-workers dressed like that.

Most cyclists look like complete prats the second they step off their bicycle. may as well embrace it. 8)

ton

endura shorts and trousers do help you to stop looking odd whilst and after cycling.
    plain merino also works, as do bmx/flat shoes. I like to dress down.
    I am a prat, don’t want folk thinking I am a cycling prat.

mtbel
    Free Member

major Fail there Ton.

unless it’s the norm round your parts for 50+ 18st blokes to walk around dressed like Angus Young.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Is that crossing a line from trolling to just being rude?

mtbel
    Free Member

it’s simple honesty Mr Munro.

buy a full length mirror guys.

ton

mtbel……..that is a bit of a compliment, my daughter insults me far worse that that every breakfast time…. 😆

mrblobby
    Free Member

Never mind how stylish you think you look in your finest cycling attire…. pretty much all non cyclists will think you look like a pillock.

mtbel
    Free Member

As should be the case in any healthy household 😀

far too much over sensitive nonsense around these days.

bearnecessities

It’s the pillocks in polo shirts you’ve got to watch out for.

lunge

Never mind how stylish you think you look in your finest cycling attire…. pretty much all non cyclists will think you look like a pillock.

Never a truer word spoken there. We are all (well, most of us) adults playing on push bikes. We look like prats. Embrace it.

bigblackshed

I thought mtbel wore DH pyjamas cos it’s gnar?

Maybe I’m wrong?

imnotverygood

Have you seen the shorts people wear when out jogging…… Nobody ever comments about how odd they are. Clothes have a function which sometimes dictates how they look. Don’t worry about it.

mtbel
    Free Member

On a DH bike I do. though you may be disappointed to learn they’ll be plain black instead of lego or transformers designs.

They’re way tougher when you end up breakdancing down hills.. if that’s your definition of gnar fair play.

dudeofdoom

Must admit to walking the dogs around the block in my 3/4 bibs first thing in the morning.

Does seem to get the odd funny look.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I think I look great

As long as you feel great then that’s the important thing. I say that with no sarcasm intended whatsoever. Other people can think or say what they wish- and they often do. Fashionistas bore me to the point where I want to run or cycle naked in pink crocs wea’ring Playbunny ears.

NB: I first used ‘arm-warmers’ 15 years back when Mrs MR invented them by cutting up her overknee stretchy striped socks. Got lots of funny looks but I was just glad to be warm downhill yet not on the climbs cos you can roll them around wrists. Cycling is all about function to me, and must admit I early on came to enjoy a carefree approach to daily fashion-criminality.

rOcKeTdOg

Helmet, Jersey, bibs, socks, gloves, cycling shoes…

Co worker “have you come on your bike?”

edhornby

I bought some of the REALLY cheap fly brand shorts from CRC that were PSAd on here, they are full-on power ranger lairy

Mrs Ed, who normally doesn’t bat an eyelid, commented !what are they?!”

😀 no car driver can say ‘sorry mate, didn’t see you’ when wearing them

thestabiliser
    Free Member

you need a skin suit

matt_outandabout

you need a skin suit

A colleague has a much detested team GB tri-suit she would happily part with…and the images of her in it!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

My colleagues are used to my lycra crimes to the point it doesn’t even raise much a of titter anymore. What did have them agog though was when I once came in wearing my Shimano AM45’s, they thought I’d injured myself or deformed my feet.

ThePinkster

dudeofdoom – Member
    Must admit to walking the dogs around the block in my 3/4 bibs first thing in the morning.

Does seem to get the odd funny lookNot surprised if that’s all you’re wearing 😉

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Sponsored by Sky or multi coloured Pyjamas with Bell Stoker makes your choice.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

My fluoro pink long sleeve Rapha Brevet was the talk of the office the first day I came in wearing it, its good to give people something to discuss.

456mocha
    Free Member
    joat

grum
    Free Member

The list was cotton cap (odd), bright coloured glasses with clear lenses (odd), jersey (least odd item of the lot), gillet (odd), arm warmers (odd), fingerless gloves (odd), bib shorts (odd), knee warmers (odd), silver shoes (odd) and toe warmers (odd).

TBF why are you wearing all that weird stuff? I guess if you just enjoy playing dress-up with the theme of cyclist then it’s fair enough.

lunge

TBF why are you wearing all that weird stuff? I guess if you just enjoy playing dress-up with the theme of cyclist then it’s fair enough.

Basically because it was quite chilly on the way in yet very wam in the way home so it meant I could be comfortable both ways without having to take 2 lots of kit. It looks and sounds hideous but there was method in my madness, albeit badly dressed method.

dudeofdoom

Did used to wear only bib shorts in the summer …went by the pub and was greeted by a loud group shout of Borat!!…

njee20
    Free Member

Surprised they kept it to that. You must have looked like a complete idiot.

OP, there’s wearing cycle clothing and there’s crashing through the window of the nearest Decathlon on your commute. Sounds like you took the latter option 😉

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘A full armoury of hideous bike clothing’ is closed to new replies.