Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • A few photos from a loop around Jacobs Ladder yesterday
  • AndyPaice
    Free Member

Did a crackin ride around Hope Valley, Roych Clough, Jacobs Ladder and back to Hollins Cross. Warm and sunny with mostly dry trails 🙂 Click on the photos to go to flickr

Jacobs loop

Jacobs loop

Jacobs loop

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Jacobs loop

Jacobs loop

jackthedog
    Free Member

Looks a lot nicer out there this weekend than it was when we did it last weekend. We had horizontal hail driving down our lugholes at one point.

Good pics, I’m jealous. My shock was in for servicing this w/e so road bike only 🙁

matt_outandabout

*is not jealous*

(much)

lowey

Jeez, how high up is that drop off ???

great pics BTW.

Vortexracing

Agree with Lowey. where the hell did you land?

it looks at least 10ft if it was the bottom.

hat’s off in respect

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Great pics, weather looked perfect.

Pook

that drop off is the old road up mam tor where the drop offs range from a manageable by me 2ft, to the bigger 7 or 8 foot drops like that one – great pics Andy

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Cheers all 🙂 was a lovelly day out

That drop is about 3-4 ft where he dropped off (landing on the slope in the background). You need to be careful which bit you drop off, as if you drop off the high bit you would come to grief as there is no run out IIRC, just large sharp blocks of tarmac.

Here it is from another angle. The bit he’s dropping off in the photo above is the far right of this photo.

Andy on Mam Tor Drop

lowey

Now that looks a little more manageable. The 1st pic looks like he’s 20′ in the bloody air…. I’d be posting that all over the place if it was me :p

Vortexracing

bear in mind we can all jump off things that high

it’s the landing that i have trouble with

scuttler

The landing’s tarmac too so the downside of crashing is you get good scabs after a couple of weeks.

jimmy

matt_outandabout – Member

*is not jealous*

(much)

me neither

AndyPaice
    Free Member

“The landing’s tarmac too so the downside of crashing is you get good scabs after a couple of weeks. “

just like this then 😉 Really dont want to get this one wrong :-O And that is as big as it looks

Mam Tor Drop

Kev on road drop

Vortexracing

More balls than me doing that, even on a big FS like that Yeti.

good on ya

AndyPaice
    Free Member

not me, it’s a lad I ride with. He’s the one we point at stuff we’re not sure about and say “that’ll go” and he then rides off it. Username is ‘Spiderman tyres’ on here.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

look at the second photo, it’s a hardtail 😉

scuttler

More props! (see ‘Dartmoor – Sick’ thread).

You’ve got to love those crash test dummy types. We owe them a lot – latterday Chuck Yeagers they are.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘A few photos from a loop around Jacobs Ladder yesterday’ is closed to new replies.