Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • A few hours to kill in Portsmouth – what to see/do?
  • imnotamused
    Free Member

HMS Victory
    Mary Rose

?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Go to the Beautiful Hayling Island.

Make sure you're off before nightfall though, as the bridge goes up and the locals come out to feed…..

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I read the title as if you were going to see how many people you could kill, in Portsmouth, in an hour. Must be nearly home time… 😕

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Royal Marines Museum.

Wander along Southsea's Albert Road where all of the interesting shops are.

Gunwharf Quays/Spinnaker Tower.

juan
    Free Member

Try no to get mugged should get you occupied 😉
    Or you could buy a pint to dezB

DezB
    Free Member

I'm not going anywhere near bloody Portsmouth! My Mum will have a beer off you, she lives in Southsea 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Actually, if you're heading to Hayling Island, you could visit Rob Da Brewer aka Singletrackmind, and he might let you try his Pure Gold if you're very very lucky. It is a truly fabulous beer, and he is an incredibly handsome Riding God (and top-class XC race Top Ten Finisher).

Just don't let him pour the bloody stuff though.

That's him there in the foreground, not the nasty little brown thing in the background. That is however a 'pint' that he 'poured'. Shameful.

llama

Beautiful Hayling Island

lol

DezB
    Free Member

I bet the nasty little brown thing (aka perfectly formed, toned, and buff) drank it though.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ah the sand dunes on Hayling Island – Late summer night BBQs, booze, dancing and sex. Fond memories.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I bet the nasty little brown thing (aka perfectly formed, toned, and buff) drank it though.

😆

Too **** right! Mind you, it took about an hour to settle. And I din't even get a Flake with it…

alanl
    Free Member

The submarine museum in Gosport is not far away:
    <http://www.submarine-museum.co.uk/&gt;

singletrackmind

O how i laughed.
    Carefull , you will scare all the women and children posting photos like that in the interweb.
    Its those shonky plastic glasses that do it , honest.
    OP.- Try HMS Warrior , the first steel clad warship in the RN
    GunWharf is OK , Spinnaker Tower is ace on a clear day if you dont mind heights
    Boat trip round Portsmouth Harbour if you have time and its daylight, really informative, if you like big grey boats

MrNutt
    Free Member

southsea skate park!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘A few hours to kill in Portsmouth – what to see/do?’ is closed to new replies.