Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • A few Dartmoor pics
  • knottie8
    Free Member

I had a lovely ride on Dartmoor today including a hard climb up the "widow maker"(usually ridden as a down). I love riding out of Princetown as the views are fantastic .Finished the ride off with chips and coffee in the cafe afterwards. Comments ?

click the pic for more pics.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

That trail burst two tubes, and snapped a hanger last time I went down it. Nice day BTW. What are those jerry cans all about?

scraprider
    Free Member

um was there myself today , didnt see you , was a top day tho.

pricey
    Free Member

only wish i was fit enough to come with u knottie,sure it wont be long.

knottie8
    Free Member

Im sure we could ride it at a steady pace and you'd manage it .

foxyrider
    Free Member

One of my fav descents that Knottie 🙂 I rode haytor/bowermans nose and HoundTor Sat and Sunday – Delaminated my rear pad on Sat 🙁

crispybacon
    Free Member

Foxyrider – I did a ride over to Bowerman's nose/Lustleigh Cleave/ Haytor on Saturday too. Fantastic weather & dry trails – well except the bw down to a bridge too far.

Going back for another ride there next Sunday starting from the Warren House Inn, I hope the dry weather holds out.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Where yu at the Cripsy – I'm in Bovey 🙂

crispybacon
    Free Member

I live over the border in Pastyland but I save my pennies & use my passport to venture over to Da-Moor every now & again 😆

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cool 🙂

xc-steve
    Free Member

That DH was one of my favourites but recently can't remember at time I've ridden it without a puncture… oddly I enjoy riding up it more than down!

Didn't realise there were so many STWers who ride the same trails as me! I ride a 1×9 blue chameleon (very standard for STW) say hello if you see me!

foxyrider
    Free Member

As soon as I went tubless I got rather faster at that DH 😉

jam-bo

well except the bw down to a bridge too far.

i don't think that ever dries out does it?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I have only ever seen it dry when they put some hardpack down around 3 years ago 😉

crispybacon
    Free Member

Hi xc-steve I'll be sure to say hello as you go past me 😆

I ride a Silver Stumpjumper HT &/or a red & white Rocky Mountain FS – both slowly 😉

trailmonkey

Crispy, if you're riding that sector of the moor, it's worth heading down the A38 and starting from Bovey. You'll be able to access all the good stuff without the horrendous climb, first back up to Hound tor and then over Hameldown to the Warren House, plus you'll finish the day with gravity on your side.

Just a thought.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Thanks TM that sounds a great idea, sadly my mate is doing the Mega-avalanche & wants to get a few miles under his lycra so it'll be another long & hard ride then 😕

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘A few Dartmoor pics’ is closed to new replies.