Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • A Dance with Dragons
  • finbar
    Free Member

Finally got my hands on a copy! It’s been a six-year wait since the last one in the series. Waterstones had nearly run out when i went in at lunchtime. It’s Sean Bean’s fault.

Any other fans?

racefaceec90

oh i was thinking more of this 😉 [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic6dKnv3WdU[/video]

finbar
    Free Member

I have no idea what that is but it looks similarly geeky 😉

kimbers

me im waiting a bit as i figure ive waited this long and im in the middle of peter f hamiltons void trilogy

im also slightly dreading reading it because once ive finished it ill have to wait another eternity before the winds of winter comes out

racefaceec90

ah someone yet to experience the joys of the elder scrolls games.this game is yet to come out (is released on 11 11 11) for pc xbox 360 and ps3.if you love dragons (and who doesn’t 😉 well apart from knights) then you get to engage in mortal combat with various giant winged beasties (in a huge gameworld) it looks absolutely fantastic imho.absolutely love oblivion and morrowind (which are the 2 previous games in the series) right i’ll shut up now but blessings of the nine upon ye 😉

finbar
    Free Member

im also slightly dreading reading it because once ive finished it ill have to wait another eternity before the winds of winter comes out

Absolutely. Given the massive amount of $$$ involved in it now though he might write a bit quicker. Or even slower. Hmm…

Maybe i’ll invest in a PS3 and play that Elder Scrolls game in the meantime.

D0NK

(is released on 11 11 11) for pc

I better start saving for a new graphics card PC.

racefaceec90

finbar,if you can wait they are releasing a 5th anniversary edition of oblivion in the near future (unfortunately do not yet know the release date/am wanting to buy a copy myself) should have added that there are no dragons in the game that you fight (there is one dragon though 😉 i won’t spoil it for you though.hope you enjoy the game 🙂 edit link here http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/06/07/oblivion-5th-anniversary-edition-coming-to-north-america-on-july-12th/ 😀

Northwind

I’m going to wait for the paperback I think, after all it’s already been 6 years, what’s another 9 months?

In the meantime, there’s plenty of others in the emerging genre “Fantasy In Which Everyone Is A Dick”, such as Joe Abercrombie.

finbar
    Free Member

In the meantime, there’s plenty of others in the emerging genre “Fantasy In Which Everyone Is A Dick”, such as Joe Abercrombie.

😆 😆 😆

Garry_Lager

Anyone read / made progress with this one yet? Thinking of getting it today but swithering over buying the hardback – has GRRM gotten things back on track?

z1ppy

kinda come to a stumbling halt mid 4th book, <SPOILER ALERT> he’s killed off some many characters I liked, I’m struggling to retain interest </SPOILER ALERT> very much like the Steven Erikson Malazan series, I will finish it, just not yet.

‘apparently’ electronic versions are freely available if you know where to look… ahem not that I support piracy, oh no…. I have it ready for when I do pick up the 4th book again.

kaesae
    Free Member

😀

Garry_Lager

Finished this one last week and thought it was good. Miles better than the 4th one but still problems with too much meandering and excessive Danaerys. Balanced by some great character viewpoints though. Most of the hardcore fans sound disappointed with it – GRRM’s wasting pages and pages world building when he’s not very good at it. At the expense of what he’s brilliant at which is character and plot writing.
    Still, v much worth a read and largely puts the series back on track IMO. Anyone else finished it?

If you’ve completely forgotten what happened in the previous ones, like I had, there’s v helpful chapter by chapter summaries at the tower of the hand site.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘A Dance with Dragons’ is closed to new replies.