Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • A couple of technical Q's if I may..
  • tymbian
    Free Member

I want to order some xt brakes from crc as they’re very cheap atm and there’s a £5 off voucher but they only have front right and rear left…I prefer them the other way around are the calipers easy enough to swap over with zero or little bleeding necessary and what fluid please?

Also current set up Is Formula C1 brakes 180/ 200mm with the x7 trigger integrated onto the brake lever so what trigger clamp or matchmaker to put the trigger directly onto the bars or onto the I spec b lever?

AlasdairMc

Can you mix and match Shimano and SRAM shifters and brakes?

As for lever swap, they’re mineral but if you’re careful you may manage it without a bleed being required.

robhughes
    Free Member

Dead easy to do.Just undo hoses(lever end)and swap over.
    Pump the pistons out a little bit first.Swap over,push pistons back and your done.

tymbian
    Free Member

I take it you mean pump them out a bit without them straddling the disc?

robhughes
    Free Member

Pop the calipers off.Just pump them out a few mm.This is so if you get a little bit of air in the hose when you swap them over.pushing the pistons back in dumps the air bubble into the reservoir where it rises to the top where it stays and can’t get into the system.
    Great tip so you don’t need to do a bleed.
    Here you go just read this.It’s for shortening the hoses but exactly the same principal.
    Step 4 and 9
    http://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/blog/shorten-shimano-hoses-without-bleeding/

tymbian
    Free Member

Thanks,

What about the trigger clamp issue?

njee20
    Free Member

Mismatch adapters, you need I-spec brakes, and then the appropriate adapters to work with SRAM Matchmaker shifters.

nickjb
    Free Member

The hoses are likely to be too long so you need to remove them and chop them anyway. On-one had a good deal on XT brakes, too. Also CRC are doing £15 off £99 today so that could make a difference

Speshpaul

Try ribble and merlin for XT brakes, On one have fronts lefts.

tymbian
    Free Member

@ njee20 – can I just get a x7 clamp?

@ nickjb – I was hoping to cash in on the £15 off voucher…bargain..

tymbian
    Free Member

Do the xt brakes work with a 200mm rotor or does it need to be 203mm?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘A couple of technical Q's if I may..’ is closed to new replies.